Rysheed Jordan | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Rysheed Jordan

At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. interview with Jordan's coach:A 6-foot-4 floor general at Philadelphia (Penn.) Vaux Roberts, the No. 28 player in the class of 2013 had initially planned to sign early. Now, his coach and mentor Kamal Yard says that Jordan is a bit up in the air.
"He's kind of taking it day by day," Yard told . "We were initially thinking he would commit by Thanksgiving at the latest, but that hasn't materialized like we thought it would.

http://vmedia./images/spacer1.gif

"He could sign in the signing period or he might not sign until the spring. He's got to figure it out."

On the school front, nothing has changed. In October Jordan cut his schools down to Rutgers, St. John's, Syracuse, Temple, Xavier and UCLA. Despite some schools taking perimeter commitments, they are all under consideration as Jordan ponders his next step and when he'll sign.
"He hasn't chopped anything down on the list," said Yard. "But proximity is probably going to be pretty important to him when he does make a decision."

Seems like everybody is a possibility but Xavier and UCLA.Gotta think if there's no 1 school that stands out it will be Temple though.

Although I was waiting for some update from this article http://zagsblog.com/articles/rysheed-jordan-to-cut-list-to-five/:

I dug this up today. Basically, if true, says it's between Temple, Johnnies, UCLA. No mention of SU, straight from his mouth too.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...est_decision_of_his_career_-_his_college.html

Obviously not shocked by this, since after all, not much room left (maybe 1 or 2 slots depending on MCW/Rak/Fair/DC2).
But still, I like his game, and we still could use another ball handler, but I'm sure it will play out for the better.

Looks like now, the staff can focus on Dakari, Wiggins and Lawrence, or maybe another ball handler.

Although I was waiting for some update from this article http://zagsblog.com/articles/rysheed-jordan-to-cut-list-to-five/:

I dug this up today. Basically, if true, says it's between Temple, Johnnies, UCLA. No mention of SU, straight from his mouth too.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...est_decision_of_his_career_-_his_college.html

Obviously not shocked by this, since after all, not much room left (maybe 1 or 2 slots depending on MCW/Rak/Fair/DC2).
But still, I like his game, and we still could use another ball handler, but I'm sure it will play out for the better.

Looks like now, the staff can focus on Dakari, Wiggins and Lawrence, or maybe another ball handler.

Think the only fish left in this class is Johnson, and unless one of our bigs moves on, I don't envision him coming here. The comments his mom made last week were fairly revealing...

I find it funny that Jordan's coach mentioned that he wasn't afraid of competition and he felt that wherever he went he would be the best player. Ultimately it had to come down to playing time and competition. Im really liking we got Buss over this kid, he doesn't seem like his personality would fit with our team concept.

I find it funny that Jordan's coach mentioned that he wasn't afraid of competition and he felt that wherever he went he would be the best player. Ultimately it had to come down to playing time and competition. Im really liking we got Buss over this kid, he doesn't seem like his personality would fit with our team concept.
Also, the whole process seemed a little over-dramatized, especially with him knocking his list down from 256 to 128 to 9 to 3, haha.

Think the only fish left in this class is Johnson, and unless one of our bigs moves on, I don't envision him coming here. The comments his mom made last week were fairly revealing...
I do agree that chances are not as good as of late, but I am just hoping that aside from the reclassification, part of his waiting is to see how Cuse situation pans out.

He said he's verballing next week after he visits ucla this weekend. Says he'll chose from UCLA, Temple or St. John's. Fwiw, he'll likely be choosing between Temple and SJU because staying close to home is paramount apparently per both he and his coaches.

He said he's verballing next week after he visits ucla this weekend. Says he'll chose from UCLA, Temple or St. John's. Fwiw, he'll likely be choosing between Temple and SJU because staying close to home is paramount apparently per both he and his coaches.
Thanks for reposting what was posted on this board eight hours ago. Maybe if you get Jordan you won't be tied at the half with Holy Cross next year with that monster 1 man recruiting class he completes for you guys and all.

Temple.

what i'll never understand is players having the opportunity to play for a national championship contender and not taking it. Winning is a whole hell of a lot better than losing.

what i'll never understand is players having the opportunity to play for a national championship contender and not taking it. Winning is a whole hell of a lot better than losing.
it really makes no sense. I will chalk it up that he is a homebody.

Can't fault the kid when he goes to Temple, if he turns out to be a pro (nba or europe) he's prob not going to see family as much as he'd like for the next 10-12 years.And it seems like from the philly news article today is a really family oriented kid.Plus his familiarity with the temple program probably was huge factor kinda like dc2 with us.

I think it makes a lot of sense if you look at our roster. MCW hadn't played a signficant roll last season so he's got to be thinking they have MCW, Ennis, Cooney and MikeG. Kids want to play these days. He starts and plays big minutes at Temple from day one and its close to home.

Now its pretty obvious that MCW is an NBA player when ever he decides to go. Still after watching Orange Madness it looks like MikeG will play big minutes the rest of his time at SU once he is eligible. Cooney will have a season under his belt with a lot of playing time at the 2G. Ennis was recruited as the PG and will come in and start there right away. We also signed Patterson so again 4 guards. One the obvious choice at PG, one a big 2G who will have a season of practice here and a season of experience playing some at Duke, one a 2g who will have a season of practice and a season of experience playng and finally one who prepped a season and is an excellent defender and shooter.

I do worry about who will back up the PG spot when Ennis sits but certainly MikeG will be working hard on this aspect of his game as will Patterson since I'm sure the coaches have told them there will be minutes available for that. MikeG looked to have a pretty good handle in Orange Madness although that was a defenseless scrimage. That being said back up PG minutes are niot Jordan's main concern IMO.

I think it makes a lot of sense if you look at our roster. MCW hadn't played a signficant roll last season so he's got to be thinking they have MCW, Ennis, Cooney and MikeG. Kids want to play these days. He starts and plays big minutes at Temple from day one and its close to home.

Now its pretty obvious that MCW is an NBA player when ever he decides to go. Still after watching Orange Madness it looks like MikeG will play big minutes the rest of his time at SU once he is eligible. Cooney will have a season under his belt with a lot of playing time at the 2G. Ennis was recruited as the PG and will come in and start there right away. We also signed Patterson so again 4 guards. One the obvious choice at PG, one a big 2G who will have a season of practice here and a season of experience playing some at Duke, one a 2g who will have a season of practice and a season of experience playng and finally one who prepped a season and is an excellent defender and shooter.

I do worry about who will back up the PG spot when Ennis sits but certainly MikeG will be working hard on this aspect of his game as will Patterson since I'm sure the coaches have told them there will be minutes available for that. MikeG looked to have a pretty good handle in Orange Madness although that was a defenseless scrimage. That being said back up PG minutes are niot Jordan's main concern IMO.

I think next season, if MCW goes, we'll have a similar situation as we do this year: one legit PG and a couple of combos who can chip in to help shoulder the ball-handling / passing responsibilities. I'm actually encouraged by what I've seen from Cooney in a limited subset of PT. I think we'll be okay short term, but it probably makes PG an area of recruiting focus again for the class of 2014.