Class of 2016 - S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin

I wish they were in the same boat. But in reality they aren't even in the same lake
I was implying that they both reconsidered a commitment after visiting. Was that wrong?

Trueblue25 said:
I got some other plans for when I graduate at UB. I'd love to stay in cuse and live here though.

Living in the cuse is great but, it's fine go get good experience and fight to get ahead. Move back when you can bringing that experience and knowledge back with you. Let us know when you're looking to get back here.

Free Article...

http://www.At their request, this n...-burrell-bonds-with-syracuse-coaches-on-visit

Three-star safety Eric Burrell recaps his first trip to Syracuse and where the Orange stand after the visit.

Owings Mills (Md.) McDonough safety Eric Burrell is a top thirty player at his position. Syracuse offered him a while back, but on Saturday, he checked out the campus for the first time.
”When I first got there around 10 o’clock, I met coach (Tim) Daoust, my recruiting coach,” Burrell said. “He’s a good guy. They had a camp going on so I didn’t talk to the coaches a lot (at first). I did have this guy, Eric White, show me around. Then I talked to the DB coach (Fred Reed). I took a tour when we got there.
”I saw their facilities and the campus. We did pretty much everything. They were just explaining everything. I really liked the campus, it’s really beautiful. The coaches very cool so that’s a good thing. They were talking about academics and how the team had a 3.0 (GPA) and that’s really important to me.”
The biggest highlight of the trip for Burrell was his ability to bond with the Orange staff. In fact, they were able to look at some film and discuss the way he would fit into their system.
”They really think I’m a good tackler,” Burrell said. “They really think I can come in and have a chance to play as a freshman. The coaches are really cool. We broke down some plays and just learned from each other. I really like what the coaches were doing.”
Syracuse is now high on Burrell’s list, a place they were not prior to Saturday’s unofficial visit. One of the biggest reasons was his long meeting with head coach Scott Shafer.
”I don’t really have a list right now but they’re really high,” Burrell said. “I really liked the campus. I loved the coaches. I’m going to try to get back up there, maybe go on an official visit but I’m not sure yet. Hopefully go up there and see a game and spend time with the coaches. I really like the head coach.
”I met with him after the camp. I talked to him for about an hour or so. After that, I said goodbye to all of the coaches. They seemed very interested.”
The three-star safety says he is currently looking to decide after taking his official visits this fall. As of now, he says Syracuse and Duke are two that are most likely to land officials.

Thats all you can ask for, to be one of the finalists.

Burrell has consistently been saying we are "very high" on his list. I haven't seen that at all with Duke.

Free Article...

Seeing his recruiting process start to slow down after coming out with a top nine, Owings Mills (MD) McDonogh senior safety Eric Burrell is starting to plan some official visits for September.

As the offers continued to roll out, along with the steady phone calls and messages from coaches, media and fans, Owings Mills (MD) McDonogh senior safety Eric Burrell proclaimed on social media that the entire process of picking a school was creating some major stress.

Instead of caving to the pressure and simply picking a school, the 6-0, 174-pound safety simply took a deep breath and got to work.

Analysis
Burrell likely will play safety in college, but schools may initially try him at cornerback. He reads plays well and breaks on passes with a good burst, and he plays his angles. He is physical and can close ground at the end of a play. In the running game, he is quick to recognize the play and he gets low and tackles at the waist. He has good speed and acceleration, but he needs to work on his man-to-man coverage. -- Brian Dohn

“When (the recruiting process) was really going on, I tried to keep my mind off of it, just focused on being me and not worry so much about what the coaches were telling me,” Burrell told At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.. “It has slowed down now. I’ve just worked on progressing myself and getting ready for my senior year.”

Having already visited Boston College, Duke, Rutgers, Syracuse and Virginia, those schools made Burrell’s top nine. Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin also made the cut. Burrell said he’ll start taking official visits come September to some of the others, starting with a trip to Lincoln to see the Huskers host South Alabama for a night game Sept. 12.

“I like the new staff,” said Burrell of Nebraska. “Everybody is starting new. It’ll be there second year when I decide to go there, and I like that. Everybody will be starting fresh when I come on. From what I’ve heard it’s a good campus and good academics, so that’s very important. Hopefully I’ll like it.”

Another school pushing hard for Burrell is Wisconsin, who is looking to add defensive backs in the recruiting class to rebuild depth in a soon-to-be depleted secondary.

“They’ve really believe in me,” Burrell said about Wisconsin. “They’ve been talking a lot to me and have been keeping up with me on Twitter constantly. The interactions with me show thy have a lot of love from me. There’s a bunch of coaches talking to me.”

Burrell said outside linebacker coach Tim Tibesar and secondary coach Daronte Jones are two of his main recruiting coaches but the person talking to him the most is four-star committed running back Antonio Williams.

“He’s been saying the coaches are great people there and the atmosphere is amazing out there,” said Williams. “He says I’m pretty sure I’ll like it. I mean, I can’t turn that down, so I’m anxious to go out there.”

Rated a three-star prospect, the No.1 safety in Maryland and the No.29 safety in the country by At their request, this network is being blocked from this site., Burrell isn’t committed to taking all five of his official visits before deciding. When asked if he had a favorite among his schools, Burrell admitted that Duke was the one slightly standing out because of the relationship he’s built with the staff, and he’s visited the campus twice.

“The coaches talk to me every day and are really showing love that they really want me,” said Burrell. “As of right now, Duke is probably showing the most attention.”

Burrell has no current visit plans before the start of his senior season, choosing instead of fine tune his game.

“I’ve been trying to pick out some things I need to work on,” said Burrell. “I want to help the team out and play my position to help me team win. That’s pretty much it.”

Free Article...

Seeing his recruiting process start to slow down after coming out with a top nine, Owings Mills (MD) McDonogh senior safety Eric Burrell is starting to plan some official visits for September.

As the offers continued to roll out, along with the steady phone calls and messages from coaches, media and fans, Owings Mills (MD) McDonogh senior safety Eric Burrell proclaimed on social media that the entire process of picking a school was creating some major stress.

Instead of caving to the pressure and simply picking a school, the 6-0, 174-pound safety simply took a deep breath and got to work.

Analysis
Burrell likely will play safety in college, but schools may initially try him at cornerback. He reads plays well and breaks on passes with a good burst, and he plays his angles. He is physical and can close ground at the end of a play. In the running game, he is quick to recognize the play and he gets low and tackles at the waist. He has good speed and acceleration, but he needs to work on his man-to-man coverage. -- Brian Dohn

“When (the recruiting process) was really going on, I tried to keep my mind off of it, just focused on being me and not worry so much about what the coaches were telling me,” Burrell told . . . . . . . . . . “It has slowed down now. I’ve just worked on progressing myself and getting ready for my senior year.”

Having already visited Boston College, Duke, Rutgers, Syracuse and Virginia, those schools made Burrell’s top nine. Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin also made the cut. Burrell said he’ll start taking official visits come September to some of the others, starting with a trip to Lincoln to see the Huskers host South Alabama for a night game Sept. 12.

“I like the new staff,” said Burrell of Nebraska. “Everybody is starting new. It’ll be there second year when I decide to go there, and I like that. Everybody will be starting fresh when I come on. From what I’ve heard it’s a good campus and good academics, so that’s very important. Hopefully I’ll like it.”

Another school pushing hard for Burrell is Wisconsin, who is looking to add defensive backs in the recruiting class to rebuild depth in a soon-to-be depleted secondary.

“They’ve really believe in me,” Burrell said about Wisconsin. “They’ve been talking a lot to me and have been keeping up with me on Twitter constantly. The interactions with me show thy have a lot of love from me. There’s a bunch of coaches talking to me.”

Burrell said outside linebacker coach Tim Tibesar and secondary coach Daronte Jones are two of his main recruiting coaches but the person talking to him the most is four-star committed running back Antonio Williams.

“He’s been saying the coaches are great people there and the atmosphere is amazing out there,” said Williams. “He says I’m pretty sure I’ll like it. I mean, I can’t turn that down, so I’m anxious to go out there.”

Rated a three-star prospect, the No.1 safety in Maryland and the No.29 safety in the country by . . . . . . . . . , Burrell isn’t committed to taking all five of his official visits before deciding. When asked if he had a favorite among his schools, Burrell admitted that Duke was the one slightly standing out because of the relationship he’s built with the staff, and he’s visited the campus twice.

“The coaches talk to me every day and are really showing love that they really want me,” said Burrell. “As of right now, Duke is probably showing the most attention.”

Burrell has no current visit plans before the start of his senior season, choosing instead of fine tune his game.

“I’ve been trying to pick out some things I need to work on,” said Burrell. “I want to help the team out and play my position to help me team win. That’s pretty much it.”

Like I said Duke Schmuke

lol, Its real simple. We have to start winning some games. When you win , the prospects tend to think their relationship is better with that particular staff. Duke wouldnt have been mentioned 4 years ago. Good education, good basketball but the football and facilities sucked. Now they got the first thing fixed and is working on the second. We need a 9 or 10 win season an a appearance in the ACC chip game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom