S P A C I N G | Syracusefan.com

S P A C I N G

BludOrange

All Conference
Our spacing on offense and attempt to play fast cost us this game. We allowed three defenders to sag off their man and help Okafor defend Rak and/or keep the ball from him. Winslow hung out in the lane most of the game and did not defend any one guy. We did not make them pay for providing help against Rak. Defenders were able to get back out to their man and we never made them move or recover by making quick decisions with the ball. When we did make quick decisions, we turned it over trying to make a precision pass.

The offensive rebounds and tip-outs by Okafor and crew killed us. Many of which I thought were over the back. Okafor putting his hand on a shoulder and using it to help propel him up. Winslow crashed the glass hard and bumped many a Cuse players who had position out of the way. Seemed like one of those nights where the ball was not going to bounce our way.

Our spacing on offense and attempt to play fast cost us this game. We allowed three defenders to sag off their man and help Okafor defend Rak and/or keep the ball from him. Winslow hung out in the lane most of the game and did not defend any one guy. We did not make them pay for providing help against Rak. Defenders were able to get back out to their man and we never made them move or recover by making quick decisions with the ball. When we did make quick decisions, we turned it over trying to make a precision pass.

The offensive rebounds and tip-outs by Okafor and crew killed us. Many of which I thought were over the back. Okafor putting his hand on a shoulder and using it to help propel him up. Winslow crashed the glass hard and bumped many a Cuse players who had position out of the way. Seemed like one of those nights where the ball was not going to bounce our way.
Imo one of the few games where the effort just wasnt there tonite, gotta turn it around for va

The way you make teams pay for sluffing is to hit the open shot. We shot 30%.

Duke, on the other hand, really made us pay for doubling down on Okafor.

Plus, we couldn't keep him off the boards. He went right over he top of us for at least four put backs.

Tough to have spacing when your shooters can't shoot and your point guard is a non-factor on both ends of the ball.

Imo one of the few games where the effort just wasnt there tonite, gotta turn it around for va

Everyone seemed off tonight. Wonder if the season has finally taken it's toll.

Plus, we couldn't keep him off the boards. He went right over he top of us for at least four put backs.

Doesn't help when our guys can't box out to save their lives. He abused Tyler too many times tonight. And BJ doesn't stand a chance against a wide body like that.

Everything was contested, we did not move the ball or space ourselves far enough to get an open shot. Cooney is afraid his shot will get blocked and does not know how to use it to his advantage and draw a foul. Joseph was afraid to shoot if he was open and they sagged off Roberson until he tried to drive. The couple times G did have an open look, he missed.

We couldn't make an open basket to save our lives. Depressing.

Everyone seemed off tonight. Wonder if the season has finally taken it's toll.
I'm sure this season has taken a lot out of these kids. But, Duke is excellent and we had a really bad game. Hope we can make some shots on Monday.

Doesn't help when our guys can't box out to save their lives. He abused Tyler too many times tonight. And BJ doesn't stand a chance against a wide body like that.
For whatever its worth, I think this says a lot about this yrs team: Tyler was a starter tonite and one of our most effective players. My prediction is he wont even start next year

For whatever its worth, I think this says a lot about this yrs team: Tyler was a starter tonite and one of our most effective players. My prediction is he wont even start next year
I'll take your money now.

If hes gonna start next year w McC back and Malachi coming, he better learn how to box out and make a jumper.

Come on now. He made his jumper. Once the game was decided and there was no pressure anymore.

Everything was contested, we did not move the ball or space ourselves far enough to get an open shot. Cooney is afraid his shot will get blocked and does not know how to use it to his advantage and draw a foul. Joseph was afraid to shoot if he was open and they sagged off Roberson until he tried to drive. The couple times G did have an open look, he missed.

KJ, Roberson & Patterson had any open shot they wanted.

Cooney can barely move and they still stayed in his grill.

G hit some and missed others.

The guy we really needed was BJ and he had a tough night.

alot of things happened today.

#1 duke pressured us from the start maybe 2-3 teams have done that. More teams did it in the second half.
#2. Rak was beat on both ends and the team isn't use to that. He couldn't score in the paint and couldn't drive by a 7 footer from the high post.
#3. 30% shooting to 48% it was 26% to 45 with 10 minutes left.
#4. nobody in the first half to settle down drive physically or slowly to set up plays thats the reason gbinije started point the second half imo.
#5. shot poorly on the jumpers.
#6. nobody attacking inside well.
#7We couldn't get any flow or momentum all game long tells me duke is a bad matchup for us.
#8. turnovers leaving our feet on them throwing bad passes.
#9. bobbling the ball all night long
#10. Nobody had a obvious double digit game. Without looking at the boxscore I would be ok pretending nobody had double figures
#11. we were playing duke at their place, and they are really good easily our worst loss of the season.

We could go on and on tonight. This loss was missing everything.

alot of things happened today.

#1 duke pressured us from the start maybe 2-3 teams have done that. More teams did it in the second half.
#2. Rak was beat on both ends and the team isn't use to that. He couldn't score in the paint and couldn't drive by a 7 footer from the high post.
#3. 30% shooting to 48% it was 26% to 45 with 10 minutes left.
#4. nobody in the first half to settle down drive physically or slowly to set up plays thats the reason gbinije started point the second half imo.
#5. shot poorly on the jumpers.
#6. nobody attacking inside well.
#7We couldn't get any flow or momentum all game long tells me duke is a bad matchup for us.
#8. turnovers leaving our feet on them throwing bad passes.
#9. bobbling the ball all night long
#10. Nobody had a obvious double digit game. Without looking at the boxscore I would be ok pretending nobody had double figures
#11. we were playing duke at their place, and they are really good easily our worst loss of the season.

We could go on and on tonight. This loss was missing everything.

Duke is a terrible match up for us this year. The best 3 point shooting team in the conference. They move the ball, hit the open man and they don't miss many open looks. They have a beast in the paint. Rak could not do anything against him on both ends of the floor...which makes it easier to exploit the 3 point shooting. K is a very smart coach. At one point he had 3 guards spaced on the perimeter against our 2 defenders...creating an open 3 point look on several possessions. We need to up our talent level and execution if we want to be competitive in these Duke games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom