Sabonis | Syracusefan.com

Sabonis

Eric15

Living Legend
Since we won, I'm emotionally secure giving props. That guy is an incredible player. I felt like we were playing against one of the Gasol brothers or something.

I can't remember the last time we played against an opposing big man that I felt so helpless against.

In a not so great draft class, there are actually quite a few good bigs. I might take him before all the rest. He's very skilled and if he had a better supporting cast and didn't see double and triple teams, he would get a lot more.

sabonis also put himself into trouble multiple times, got away with 4-5 walks too.. we stretched out so much to help the 3 it left him all alone to get rebounds, but his left hand shots are tough to stop with undersized centers.

In an NCAA setting, Blake Griffin. That was a nightmare.
Was that 2009?
Blake took us apart and he did it without forcing anything.

In an NCAA setting, Blake Griffin. That was a nightmare.
Was that 2009?

Correct, 2009 in Memphis. And that popped into my head, as well.

Agree, they did an amazing job containing him. And containing him meant 17 and 19 or whatever it was got. Biggest shock for me is that Lydon blocked him a couple times. That kid has some balls to mix it up against these type players. He didn't score a lot but what a contribution he made.

Wiljer was Gonzaga's offense in the first half.
Sabonis was Gonzaga's offense in the second half.

We neutralized each player for a half and that was the ball game for Syracuse.

The kid is just a sophomore too...I am very impressed with him. Kid has a chance to be special.

It seems although Sabonis misses a lot of easy layups. He has great effort on boards but he missed on a lot of easy baskets.

I hope he stays in school...mostly because we probably won't see gonzaga for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom