Sad News | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sad News

Millhouse said:
That is very sad news. I hope he wasn't in pain and I hope he had some input into the content of his obituary You just know that guy was hilarious in real life

I met Cali before he had his stroke when he used some tix of mine and the one thing I remember about him (20 years ago?) was how kind and gracious he was.

Very sad news. The board has lost a brother, but his memory will linger on.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. I only knew him from the boards but CaliCuse was as true a Cuse fan as there was. I'll miss his posts and his enthusiasm for our program.

Rest In Peace Cali, my condolences to your family. I hope they get get a chance to read this thread as I'm sure there will be an outpouring of love for a man most of us never met.

I met Cali before he had his stroke when he used some tix of mine and the one thing I remember about him (20 years ago?) was how kind and gracious he was.

Sorry that I never had a chance to meet him and sorry for the loss Bees.

Did he have another handle before calicuse? I don't remember a calicuse from the early Syracusefan days.

From just knowing him through his posts, you could tell his love for this program came from watching the greats like Davis, Brown and Little because he wanted nothing more than for Syracuse to find that "next great halfback." Hopefully someday that happens and he gets his wish. RIP Cali.

A phrase John L. Sullivan made famous comes to mind when I think about Cali: "he was the only man in the world with the honor of being hisself." He was certainly unique. It always seemed to me he was a young guy. I guess in real sense, he always was.

Frank Lagga, Orangeeyes, Calicuse...who else have we lost? I feel mortal.

Our longtime poster and friend, Calicuse has passed away. RIP good buddy.

Oh, wow. I was just saying to myself yesterday how I hadn't seen him post lately. While he and I didn't see eye to eye on many things non-orange-related, I always enjoyed his crazy posts. He was one of those posters you just had to read everything he posted. RIP Cali.

He was a legend. One of a kind on these boards, including the pro sports as a Yankee fan. Always about the next man up. I hope a true freshman scores a TD tomorrow as a tribute.

RIP Cali and sending positive thoughts and prayers to his family.

Always an original. I'm a back bench poster but have been around for many itinerations of this board and loved his enthusiasm. RIP CALI. Too many original posters are passing and it's sad.

I have to say, I'm surprised at how much I feel about this. When you grow up your folks never tell you that you will develop connections with people on the internet you do not even know. I never got to meet Cali, but I've been on this board since I was 13 (hence the screen name). I'm 24 now, so we're talking about the end of the OrangeNation.net days when i came around.

He was always one of the constant characters who made the board great, and I am surprised at how saddened I am by his passing. It makes me want to thank all of you for the enrichment you have provided into my sports fandom. I wouldn't have anything close to the outlet for my obsessive passion for Syracuse athletics if not for you all. I will be certain to be thankful for all of the little screen names that have been popping up for years around here in the future, like everything else our time together won't last forever.

Our longtime poster and friend, Calicuse has passed away. RIP good buddy.
No one wanted more for SU sports and the Yankees than Cali did. He was a great fan and will remain legendary to all who use this board forever.

Heart felt condolences to his family and friends.

Cali, we hardly knew ye...,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom