Sad News | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sad News

This news was unexpected and saddens me. I loved Cali's passion for SU sports. R.I.P.

OMG! That is horrible news. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends. Very sad. :(:(:(

RIP Cali.

NOBODY was more Cuse passionate. Thoughts are with his wife . Before she came on here to explain Cali's situation and ask for our patience and understanding, I idiotically attacked his comments. She obviously was very devoted and loving.

Click on the picture in CuseLegacy's post and there is a twitter link to a short article about CaliCuse. I encourage everyone to follow the link.

NOBODY was more Cuse passionate. Thoughts are with his wife . Before she came on here to explain Cali's situation and ask for our patience and understanding, I idiotically attacked his comments. She obviously was very devoted and loving.

I don't recall his wife coming on here. Interesting.

The Matalas family thanks the Syracuse online community for all the kind words written about long-time Syracuse devote Chris Matalas, aka, CaliCuse. His love for Syracuse and Syracuse sports were clearly second to none.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, but most especially, for being there for CaliCuse for over a decade. His terrible health situation prevented him from having the mobility and freedom he once enjoyed. His extended online family allowed him to have glimpse of a social life that he could not otherwise have due to his inability to leave the house.

The Syracuse forums were always there to allow him to express himself and share his thoughts about sports, politics, and how proud he was of his family.

Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. For those asking about where to send flowers for services, we have set up a Chris Matalas Memorial Fund for St. Jude’s. Please click here to donate.

With much love, The Matalas Family. Go Orange!

Attachments

• Chris.jpg
    Chris.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 77
The Matalas family thanks the Syracuse online community for all the kind words written about long-time Syracuse devote Chris Matalas, aka, CaliCuse. His love for Syracuse and Syracuse sports were clearly second to none.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, but most especially, for being there for CaliCuse for over a decade. His terrible health situation prevented him from having the mobility and freedom he once enjoyed. His extended online family allowed him to have glimpse of a social life that he could not otherwise have due to his inability to leave the house.

The Syracuse forums were always there to allow him to express himself and share his thoughts about sports, politics, and how proud he was of his family.

Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. For those asking about where to send flowers for services, we have set up a Chris Matalas Memorial Fund for St. Jude’s. Please click here to donate.

He will be missed. One of a kind. He brought a lot of happiness to this board - and I am certain the world. Rest in Peace.

Thank you for posting. We were very happy to be a part of Cali's life for more than 10 years. Physically he struggled, but mentally he brought his fast ball. His last private message to me was a few months ago. I'm sure in his hey day he was tough as nails but soft as a kitten. He brought passion for his love of the game and the love of his family. Our condolences to you and your family. We were glad to be a part of his therapy as he was a part of ours.

So sorry to hear about the loss of Cali. He was one of a kind! Sometimes his posts would make you shake your head, but his enthusiasm for SU sports always shined through. He will be sorely missed on these forums, and we will be worse for him being gone. Long live the Orange and Long live Calicuse!

I am so sorry to hear this news, and I extend my sincere condolences to his family.

He was a one of a kind poster on this board, and one of my favorites. I will miss him.

If this board made his life a little better, that is great.

He definitely made the board better as well. We will miss him greatly.

Condolences to the Matalas family. Chris was a special guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom