Sad News | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sad News

Damn. Really sad news.

When I first started reading Cali's posts a dozen or so years ago I thought he was a cyber-troll. A troll that had trouble with spelling, run-on sentences and proper paragraph structure.

I, like I'm sure others here eventually realized, he wasn't a troll at all. Purely a true die hard that loved SU sports and using this board as his platform to connect with other die-hards.

Cali, you and all of your crazy run-on sentences will be missed. RIP.

I haven't been on this board as long as many of you and don't know many Cuse fans living in Seattle (outside of one of the finest restaurant managers on Alaskan Way) but I do remember when I started following the board thinking who is this Cali guy and what is his deal. He had so much passion even if at times it would drive you crazy. It also seemed like people were so used to it that they just took it as Cali being Cali. Always thought he seemed like a passionate great guy who just couldn't hold his emotions together. RIP Cali.

The Matalas family thanks the Syracuse online community for all the kind words written about long-time Syracuse devote Chris Matalas, aka, CaliCuse. His love for Syracuse and Syracuse sports were clearly second to none.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, but most especially, for being there for CaliCuse for over a decade. His terrible health situation prevented him from having the mobility and freedom he once enjoyed. His extended online family allowed him to have glimpse of a social life that he could not otherwise have due to his inability to leave the house.

The Syracuse forums were always there to allow him to express himself and share his thoughts about sports, politics, and how proud he was of his family.

Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. For those asking about where to send flowers for services, we have set up a Chris Matalas Memorial Fund for St. Jude’s. Please click here to donate.

With much love, The Matalas Family. Go Orange!

A true loss for his family and the Orange Nation. Our own Yogi Berra, legend and philosopher. He will be missed and remembered. Thank you for sharing more of his story.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom