Sad thing about the pick 6 | Syracusefan.com

Sad thing about the pick 6

upperdeck

Living Legend
was that it was a mis read. Dungey hit that read 3-4 times this year for big plays. If Mahoney throws to the uncovered slot it might be a TD for us.

was that it was a mis read. Dungey hit that read 3-4 times this year for big plays. If Mahoney throws to the uncovered slot it might be a TD for us.

Pitt disguised that too though. Safety played way off AET in the slot, but then ran to him on the snap. Still, it would have been a completion, and the way #7 was making plays yesterday, he may have broken that tackle and been gone.

Big missed opportunity on the deep ball to him too, just barely overthrow after he beat coverage. I think we punted on that drive.

The late hit at the end of the 1st half really bothered me. Ref on the spot swallowed his flag, but Peterman lobbied for the bogus call and a late flag comes flying from another side judge down the field. That also cost us 7.

By the way, when everyone talks about how tough a sport football is, I constantly think of all the times players and coaches on the sidelines play the b!tch role, tin cupping for 15 extra yards on harmless contact. Or the player who pushes another player, gets pushed back and looks at the ref asking for a flag. Off soapbox.

Caught the end of the first half with the Pitt radio broadcast. Their color guy even said the late hit on Peterman was a bad call.

A friend called to tell me I should have bet on the game b/c it was so close. As he said this the pick six occurred. Never mind!

Although I still should have picked us to beat the spread, at that point there was no way I believed we would continue to score. If we could kick extra points and get even one stop OR kick an onside kick ten yards (rather than nine or fifteen) it would have been a different day.

Yup. Had Etta-Tawo WIDE OPEN in the slot. It would've been him with an 8 yd head start vs their MLB in a race to the end zone. My money is on Etta getting a 6th TD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom