USF 41
Pitt 42
NCS 49
Wake 62
Syracuse 79
BC 80
UCONN 99
Colgate 140

Still think we are a better team than NC State, Wake, BC need to find a way to beat those teams. Then I think we will be playing a 6-5 Pitt team for Bowl eligibility.

You know that every team remaining on our schedule is looking at their own remaining schedule and counting us as one of their wins to get to a bowl game.

We've got to improve the defense to have any chance at a bowl.

Maybe not. But I'm still not sold on Wake or NC State. BC is BC. And maybe we keep getting better and beat someone else?

And who knows what injuries other teams will face as we move along.

Let's just kick ND while they're down. Hopefully not be the team that lifts them back up. Our game should be no different for them. A defense they can move the ball against and an offense that moves the ball easily against them.

We are not a good match up with BC. They have a great pass defense. NCS is pretty sound in both run and pass defense as is VT.
Wake may actually be our best match up.

Five wins would be a very good performance and six wins a great one for this young inexperienced team.

ND will be loaded for bear after dropping another one. I don't see us getting that one or WF. BC game will look much like UConn.

We have to get the running game going and tighten up the pass defense. Do those two things and we might find 4 more wins. Unlikely but possible.

I think we can move ND a touch closer to the winnable column. Moved from the FSU/Clemson category into the Pitt category. Unfortunately, I think Wake and NC State are a touch better than I thought.

The BC Duds remain very much as the most probable win.

ND will be loaded for bear after dropping another one. I don't see us getting that one or WF. BC game will look much like UConn.

We have to get the running game going and tighten up the pass defense. Do those two things and we might find 4 more wins. Unlikely but possible.

WF went from sure win to toss up, IMO. They look ok on D and have a running game. But they look like a slightly better version of UCONN.

WF went from sure win to toss up, IMO. They look ok on D and have a running game. But they look like a slightly better version of UCONN.
Their pass D is about as far as ours. I there match up well with them.

Their pass D is about as far as ours. I there match up well with them.

Yep - I'll take our pass game vs theirs for sure. Will be interesting.

Not sold on Wake after the IU game yesterday. IU outgained them almost 2 to 1, it was 5 interceptions that did in IU. Most of those INTs were poor decisions and awful plays. Credit to Wake's D to make the plays, but if those INTs were cut in half IU beats them by 2 or 3 scores.

We are not a good match up with BC. They have a great pass defense. NCS is pretty sound in both run and pass defense as is VT.

Five wins would be a very good performance and six wins a great one for this young inexperienced team.

It goes both ways with bc. They are physical, but still play meathead fb. Will be a nice matchup for our defense, similar to uconn and the offense and its pace wont be comfortable for the BC defense.

If we get any kind of a lead on BC we become a very, very bad matchup for them.

I think a lot of you are counting out the possibilty that we will get better every week at a faster pace than our opponents. I wouldn't say by leaps and bounds, but I can see definite improvement weekly. I also think your hatred keeps you from believing that Uconn maybe a bit better than you want to believe.

My trying to be realistic feel: I'll be content with 4. Happy with 5. Thrilled with 6. Really hoping this is a team that gets better, that we don't have a million injuries the rest of the year, and we avoid one of those awful 3 win seasons where we lose like 7 in a row while trotting out 5 different QBs. No more of those.

I saw NC state in person this year. Their D will pose some problems for us. Not impressed with their offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom