Sam Clausman retiring | Syracusefan.com

Sam Clausman retiring

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Sam Clausman announced on Instagram he is done due to concussions.

I hope Sam can live a happy and normal life and hope he stays at SU as a student. Also hope the DQ is legit.

I don't think he even dressed this year. Hopefully there's nothing lingering.

Hope all is well with him going forward.

So... did this just come up now? Did he suffer a concussion after the season? If not, they must have known about this for a while. Why is it only being mentioned now?

Something seems... off, about the timing.

Hope all is well with him going forward.

So... did this just come up now? Did he suffer a concussion after the season? If not, they must have known about this for a while. Why is it only being mentioned now?

Something seems... off, about the timing.
He was a scratch the first game of the year, and I can't remember if he was at the LSU game. He definitely never played. It seems safe to assume this has been an issue since at least August.

some of these concussion things take a long to time to resolve or not resolve.. looke at Dale Jr in nascar last year.. people thought it was a few week thing turned into 9 months and then it was dicey as to ever coming back and even then he got right back out

Good luck to Sam. I hope he has no problems in future years. Glad the heightened awareness of this problem is driving changes.

Glad to see this response from the fans here -- kid was a hard worker and a solid program guy, even if he didn't play much.

Sucks, but I am happy to see him make this type of decision given the circumstances.

He was a scratch the first game of the year, and I can't remember if he was at the LSU game. He definitely never played. It seems safe to assume this has been an issue since at least August.
Gotcha. With what upper deck said, makes it sound like it could be serious. Really hope he’s ok.

Good luck Sam!

Thank you for becoming part of the Syracuse Football Program!

Shame. But also fortunate, considering the physical effect of the game on the players. Best to get out early.

I can't be the only person who noticed that he called Babers 'Barbers,' can I?

Shame. But also fortunate, considering the physical effect of the game on the players. Best to get out early.

I can't be the only person who noticed that he called Babers 'Barbers,' can I?
Just a guess that darn auto correct.

I feel horrible even asking this, but does it free up a scholarship?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom