Saturday’s Celeb Guest | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday’s Celeb Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
rock was also an LB at miami. heard on pbs his pops was a rocky johnson a famous wrestler.
another miami famous son . LB rohan marley was bob's son. get up stand up. don't give up the fight.

Last edited:
Brady is a GOAT.
Fallon is pretty big; far from a GOAT.
Edelman is just a solid possession receiver that benefited tremendously by playing for NE. He's basically Wayne Chrebet in a Pats uniform. He's not even a celebrity outside of New England.
I don't have a problem with any of these guys (not that it would matter if I did), but Weitsman totally oversold this booking so that I won't really pay attention to the hype in the future.
Right now, every national sports show is talking about Brady. Will he stay with the Pats? If not, where will he go? And today, he is sitting in a front row watching the Orange at Syracuse. Forget the other 2, this makes Syracuse a hot place. I can't stand the guy. But I'm glad he is there.

Brady is a GOAT.
Fallon is pretty big; far from a GOAT.
Edelman is just a solid possession receiver that benefited tremendously by playing for NE. He's basically Wayne Chrebet in a Pats uniform. He's not even a celebrity outside of New England.
I don't have a problem with any of these guys (not that it would matter if I did), but Weitsman totally oversold this booking so that I won't really pay attention to the hype in the future.

Yesterday I had a joke ready to go that when it comes down to it he’s probably going to show up with Memphis Bleek, D-Lo Brown, and Drew Bledsoe, but I didn’t want to piss off the people who were genuinely excited.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a joke ready to go that when it comes to to it he’s probably going to show up with Memphis Bleek, D-Lo Brown, and Drew Bledsoe, but I didn’t want to piss off the people who were genuinely excited.
Hey, Memphis Bleek! I worked on two of his music videos in NYC long time ago. Jay Z said hi to me from the crowd, true story! But that’s about all I have. :)

Ha, nice! He was Jay-Z’s protege for a long time.
Yes, on his “label”, I think, at the time. Also, the Jay Z story is a little more interesting than that, but decorum, you know. Pm me if you are interested but no worries either way.

The one guy was calling a block. The guy on the baseline called the least convincing offensive foul ever. Like he had no idea and it was his default mode call.

Not being rude to you just a statement, kids do not care about a 76 year old who played basketball at Syracuse 57 years ago. These kids can’t relate to anything. Once Melo retires I would get him having a relevance to these kids, but even when Melo won a championship here these kids weren’t even alive yet... SU needs more nba players so the recruits can relate to people actually playing in the league that went through cuse

this post is rubbish. the two concepts you address here are far from mutually exclusive.

this post is rubbish. the two concepts you address here are far from mutually exclusive.

tell me what’s wrong about it ? When’s the last time one of the recruits said “I came here because of Dave Bing?” dont worry I’ll wait...

You’re right, these kids should just be ignorant of a an African American who lived through the Civil Rights movement, was the best player in SU history and remains a top 3 player, is an NBA hall of famer, a top 50 player, successful in business, successful in politics, and roomed with their future coach.

Bing doesn’t have to go to dinner with them, but a few minutes of chit chat wouldnt hurt.

don’t be so myopic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors