Save the Date, Orangeyes Open, August 30th 2014 | Syracusefan.com

Save the Date, Orangeyes Open, August 30th 2014

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
We have all talked about ways to remember Orangeyes, to honor his life, the values he stood for and to pay tribute to someone so many loved. This post is to let everyone know that we are going to have a tournament to honor Dan and to raise money to fight ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease, an awful disease that plagued Dan for the last 20 years or so of his life (perhaps longer).

We have scheduled the tournament for Saturday August 30th at Foxfire, one of the best public courses in Onondaga County, located not far from the village of Baldwinsville. The starting time has not been determined yet...it will be determined in large part based on what the optimal time is for most of the people that plan to attend. Since the Villanova game will be played the night before, we are thinking an early afternoon start is probably going to make the most sense, so people can sleep late after the long day Friday.

Cost hasn't been determined yet either but it will probably be in the $80 to $100 range. For that money, you will get a hot dog or burger at the turn, along with a drink, 18 holes of golf with a cart and a nice dinner afterward. We plan to have some special guests attend and a blind auction with some great gifts, many of which will be SU related. And we will celebrate the life of Orangeyes as well.

We need to get a headcount of how many people will attend ASAP, along with your preferred starting time for the tournament, so if this is something that is of interest to you, please respond to this thread quickly. If you want to play but aren't a good golfer, sign up. Don't worry about it. This is designed to be a fun event. If you don't have a foursome, don't worry about it. We will pair you up with some good people. Those who don't golf but want to attend dinner can and will be accommodated for a much reduced fee. Let us know if you just want to attend the dinner and speakers afterwards.

We are calling the event the Orangeyes Open. The plan is to make this an annual event that will bring board members and other friends of Dan together once a year. I hope to see many of you there.

Regards.

-Tom

P.S. We are looking for a logo for the tournament. If one of the talented graphics designer on the board is willing to design one of us, it would be greatly appreciated. Please EZ Inbox me if you have any ideas...

Tom, I have to adjust my schedule for my trip home, but count me and my old man in for sure.

We met Dan last season at the BC game, and again at the IU game. Had a great time chatting with him.

We would love to be a part of honoring such an amazing man, and supporting a great cause.
Let me know how and when to pay up.

As for our golf skills, my dad is a pretty solid golfer, and me... Let's just say I'll bring extra balls.

I was about to order a tailgate flag for Orangeyes for the Fine Mess Tailgate. If someone develops a logo I will wait to make it the centerpiece of the flag. I will PM you with a couple of silent auction items.

While I can not be there, my son suffers from crohn's disease, and I have been very involved in the past with the CCF walk as the publicity chairperson in AZ. I am always happy to make a donation for that cause, and would like to do so. Let me know where I can send a check.

We have all talked about ways to remember Orangeyes, to honor his life, the values he stood for and to pay tribute to someone so many loved. This post is to let everyone know that we are going to have a tournament to honor Dan and to raise money to fight ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease, an awful disease that plagued Dan for the last 20 years or so of his life (perhaps longer).

We have scheduled the tournament for Saturday August 30th at Foxfire, one of the best public courses in Onondaga County, located not far from the village of Baldwinsville. The starting time has not been determined yet...it will be determined in large part based on what the optimal time is for most of the people that plan to attend. Since the Villanova game will be played the night before, we are thinking an early afternoon start is probably going to make the most sense, so people can sleep late after the long day Friday.

Cost hasn't been determined yet either but it will probably be in the $80 to $100 range. For that money, you will get a hot dog or burger at the turn, along with a drink, 18 holes of golf with a cart and a nice dinner afterward. We plan to have some special guests attend and a blind auction with some great gifts, many of which will be SU related. And we will celebrate the life of Orangeyes as well.

We need to get a headcount of how many people will attend ASAP, along with your preferred starting time for the tournament, so if this is something that is of interest to you, please respond to this thread quickly. If you want to play but aren't a good golfer, sign up. Don't worry about it. This is designed to be a fun event. If you don't have a foursome, don't worry about it. We will pair you up with some good people. Those who don't golf but want to attend dinner can and will be accommodated for a much reduced fee. Let us know if you just want to attend the dinner and speakers afterwards.

We are calling the event the Orangeyes Open. The plan is to make this an annual event that will bring board members and other friends of Dan together once a year. I hope to see many of you there.

Regards.

-Tom

P.S. We are looking for a logo for the tournament. If one of the talented graphics designer on the board is willing to design one of us, it would be greatly appreciated. Please EZ Inbox me if you have any ideas...
I can't golf because I'll be working but I want to go to the banquest, etc.

What a wonderful thing to do in honor of cousin, Danny, Orangeyes! Clarkie and I will be at the Banquet but can't make it for the golf part. Danny would be so proud to have the funds from this go to help other with Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease. It's a terrible challenge to live with, he did it so gracefully. Thank you for doing this. We all miss him soooo much.

Tom.. Cannot attend because I will be out of the country... However, if you are seeking silent auction items, I could donate two court side tickets to an SU basketball game. Let me know
Quite the prize...I'm not a golf guy but I'd bid on that

Tom, I have to adjust my schedule for my trip home, but count me and my old man in for sure.

We met Dan last season at the BC game, and again at the IU game. Had a great time chatting with him.

We would love to be a part of honoring such an amazing man, and supporting a great cause.
Let me know how and when to pay up.

As for our golf skills, my dad is a pretty solid golfer, and me... Let's just say I'll bring extra balls.

Count me in for this!

I will likely be coming solo, and am looking forward to my first opportunity to meet many of you.

Troop, if you want an addition to your group, let me know. I'm a decent golfer but a better drinker.

If not, I trust Tom to not pair me up with some boring guy who doesn't drink. Or at least someone who drinks something other than ginger ale. ;)

Count me in for this!

I will likely be coming solo, and am looking forward to my first opportunity to meet many of you.

Troop, if you want an addition to your group, let me know. I'm a decent golfer but a better drinker.

If not, I trust Tom to not pair me up with some boring guy who doesn't drink. Or at least someone who drinks something other than ginger ale. ;)

Let's make it happen!

Tom,

How's it looking? I'm really looking forward to meeting some people and for this great cause.

OrangeTown said:
Well it looks like me and CuseTroop have 3. Any suckers out there want to complete our team? (I'm looking at you, Marsh!)

Is love too but i have a 2 day event at tuscy that weekend.

CuseTroop said:
I'm going to punch you

Sorry man. Running for a board position and need to be there. Plus we won in 2011 and i live for it

Tuscarora is for pansies.

Orangeyes Open is for hardnoses.

(I still love you, though!)

OrangeTown said:
Tuscarora is for pansies. Orangeyes Open is for hardnoses. (I still love you, though!)

Heh. Thanks man. I wish i could play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom