Say what you want about Kaleb, but... | Syracusefan.com

Say what you want about Kaleb, but...

I have been as down on KJ as anyone, and caveats about the competition, he looked much improved from last year. I still see him as the 4th guard, based on FH's play, however with those same competition caveats.

Physically, the kid has everything it takes to be a very good point guard at this level: he's got good size, he's added enough strength, and he's an explosive athlete.

If he learns to take better care of the ball, plays smarter on defense, and plays with more confidence on a consistent basis, he could be a really solid player over the next three years.

Love to see him with a positive outlook on things and I very much hope that continues as we get into the season. This is the kind of young man that should be a fan favorite. A kid with a good attitude, maturity, loyal as heck to SU and has the skill set to be a very good contributor moving forward. He was just thrusted into the mix too early and things went south for him last year. Now moving forward, I hope he can get more love because, in my opinion, he deserves it. With not a lot of pressure on him this year, I like his chances to be a big factor for us.

Having a great attitude is a step in the right direction, but he needs to prove himself on the court. We need all hands on deck this year, I hope the soph jump happens for him.

I am so impressed after reading that article. He could so easily gone the other way - pout/complain/etc.

Kind of kid I want in the program. Kudos, Kaleb!

This video says it all. How could anyone not love the kid after this, makes me laugh that anyone would tell that work ethic they aren't going to make it at syracuse. I saw him as nba potential even during his rough freshmen year.

If I knew Kaleb was going to have that rough freshmen year I still would have picked him, wouldn't change a thing.

On the other hand I just don't see basketball in the lane the same as it used to be for pass only PG's. Game has evolved so much.

Physically, the kid has everything it takes to be a very good point guard at this level: he's got good size, he's added enough strength, and he's an explosive athlete.

If he learns to take better care of the ball, plays smarter on defense, and plays with more confidence on a consistent basis, he could be a really solid player over the next three years.
I agree. I read the article and was impressed. Will be pulling for him going forward.

Watching him last year it I was pretty impressed with his attitude as a freshmen who was asked to play point. Sure, he made mistakes, got rattled, etc, but he always (always) seemed to maintain a positive attitude and wanted to learn how to play the way JB wanted. He never sulked, never pointed fingers, and always cheered his teammates on.

I know a lot of folks here were hard on him last year, and I believe rightfully so for his on-court performance, but Kaleb won me over pretty early last season with the way he handled himself. I think we're lucky to have a player that believes he is given (vs entitled) an opportunity and works to make it his best opportunity.

In my opinion, its just about Kaleb getting confidence and understanding the space he is supposed to operate in - he's got work ethic and talent IMO.

Good stuff. I dont want to make unfair comparisons this early on for kaleb but i compared him to a kemba walker shabazz type of guard and stand by that comparison. He lacks the confidence for sure but his frosh year reminds of walkers and how out of control and dissapointing walker was only to start the trek to elite pg the following year. It took kemba until his 4th year to be that elite but seeing some progress already with kaleb is awesome and he has the right mindset.

he's got a lot more to prove evidently. kinda surprised at the low minutes given to the cushing penguin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom