Say what you want about our coaches | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Say what you want about our coaches

What I think is funny is your suggestion that we can pull 10 different 4 and 5 star players a year in a recruiting class. Less than 15 teams, really about 10-12, do that nationally. I don't believe we can do that. We don't devote the financial resources it would take to do that like, for example, Oregon does. That's an investment of tens of millions of dollars. We don't have that and never will. If you win a National Championship and contend annually, you get such recruiting classes while investing slightly less dollars, but still have to invest in facilities, etc. However, that takes literally decades to build up to. It is funny to me because what you are suggesting is an absolute impossibility. That doesn't mean I'm not a fan of this school and team or that I think this football team will be average or below average from now on.

You don't have to recruit in the top 10 or 12 or 15 to finish with 9 wins a year consistently. If you recruit between 25-45 ranked classes every year, you can easily win 9 games or more if you have good to great coaching. On that point, we agree entirely.

We might get 10 4 & 5 star recruits every year if we started paying kids, Pony Express Part II. Other than that, whatever is in that pipe must be nice.

tep624 said:
We might get 10 4 & 5 star recruits every year if we started paying kids, Pony Express Part II. Other than that, whatever is in that pipe must be nice.

I doubt we could pay enough for that.

I don't think you read my post very closely. I literally argued that we will never get 10 4 & 5 star recruits in a year, let alone every year. I was responding to orangeinjersey's post that he expected that and my post clearly says it will never happen. Even if we paid kids, it would never happen, because the SEC will simply pay more. I'd demand an apology, but I'm too busy enjoying my pipe stuff.

Alsacs said:
Do yourself a favor stop reading my posts you don't like them and you aren't worth my time to debate. Unlike others who disagree with me like TheCusian who atleast debate and is reasonable.

If you don't think a significant portion of the fanbase wanted a change you aren't right. I never said a majority or put a percentage.

To be fair, you haven't provided anything to support your claim about losing a significant portion of the fanbase. "If you don't agree, you're wrong" doesn't typically pass a fact checking.

I don't think you read my post very closely. I literally argued that we will never get 10 4 & 5 star recruits in a year, let alone every year. I was responding to orangeinjersey's post that he expected that and my post clearly says it will never happen. Even if we paid kids, it would never happen, because the SEC will simply pay more. I'd demand an apology, but I'm too busy enjoying my pipe stuff.

I was agreeing with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom