Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Schedule

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
Am I the only one that thinks the schedule is absolutely brutal this year? What a non-conference schedule... Open up with Cal, then probably Texas who will be top 20 at least maybe top 10. Then at Villanova and Michigan. Game against the johnnies. LBSU is always a tough out. Quite the OOC, and lord knows the ACC schedule is loaded too with duke twice... As well as at UNC... GEEEEESH! Boys better come out to play!

It's a good thing that we will be tested and the team should show continual improvement throughout the season. I think this years edition will be unlike last years team in that they may struggle and encounter some setbacks early on but will finish strong . I think we are in for a very exciting season with a lot of upside. It is going to be great to watch the development of both the individuals on the team and the team as a whole. I'm really starting to get excited to see this team take to the floor.

^^Agreed - but I do like that we don't start getting into the ACC heavyweights until the 8th game in Conference Play...even with the inexperienced group we have, we should get off to a good start in the ACC.

I welcome the tough schedule. Our team will be on high alert, instead of zzzzzzzzzzz. I do believe we will falter but every loss will be a learning experience. They will not feel entitled; they will feel hungry. The savvy fans understand that there might be some losses early but it's not the end of the world. I hope the casual fans don't run around shrieking, "The sky is falling!"

I welcome the tough schedule. Our team will be on high alert, instead of zzzzzzzzzzz. I do believe we will falter but every loss will be a learning experience. They will not feel entitled; they will feel hungry. The savvy fans understand that there might be some losses early but it's not the end of the world. I hope the casual fans don't run around shrieking, "The sky is falling!"
Admins, temery : please make a "love" button for the above post.
Thanks in advance!

^^Agreed - but I do like that we don't start getting into the ACC heavyweights until the 8th game in Conference Play...even with the inexperienced group we have, we should get off to a good start in the ACC.

I agree, that's all I heard down here from my duke/unc/nc st buddies. On how easy the first half of Cuse's ACC schedule was (and of course, how we got UNC at the beginning of their rise).

It's a good thing that we will be tested and the team should show continual improvement throughout the season. I think this years edition will be unlike last years team in that they may struggle and encounter some setbacks early on but will finish strong . I think we are in for a very exciting season with a lot of upside. It is going to be great to watch the development of both the individuals on the team and the team as a whole. I'm really starting to get excited to see this team take to the floor.

I am also hoping for a strong finish. I just hope we don't hear any talk of NBA lottery picks. It just seems to me once the NBA lottery pick talk started the whole team lost its team mojo. I just watched the 2003 NC game again last night. I was deeply struck by just how connected the players were as a unit. Two years ago our defense was the best I've ever seen. We need to return to Orange tradition of team first above everything else. We need to return to the "shut it down" mentality which I think was missing last year. I would love to see us return to scoring fast break points off steals created by the zone. It demoralizes the opposing team.

That sat-mon turnaround with duke and uva is as tough as it gets.
True, oh so true, but the real danger lies in the remote possibility of a letdown after the emotional high of having just whooped Duke.

True, oh so true, but the real danger lies in the remote possibility of a letdown after the emotional high of having just whooped Duke.
Dear god, that game knocked the stuffing out of us and we never recovered. Throughout the first part of the season most of us had the nagging suspicion that we weren't as good as our record. The "unbeaten" mantle grew heavier and heavier. I thought, "Perhaps this is all a mirage." Then the Duke game happened, one of the best games played by two teams I have ever personally witnessed. We were all high as kites after that game, most of us thinking "We are good! We ARE good!" And then came the rest of the season. . .

Am I the only one that thinks the schedule is absolutely brutal this year? What a non-conference schedule... Open up with Cal, then probably Texas who will be top 20 at least maybe top 10. Then at Villanova and Michigan. Game against the johnnies. LBSU is always a tough out. Quite the OOC, and lord knows the ACC schedule is loaded too with duke twice... As well as at UNC... GEEEEESH! Boys better come out to play!

1st 2 games should be relatively easy before going to NYC to play cal and texas or iowa

1st 2 games should be relatively easy before going to NYC to play cal and texas or iowa

I'm not sure the Carleton Ravens game will be a complete cake walk:

"Taking on the Memphis Tigers on August 19th, the Carleton Ravens secured their second win after facing them two nights prior. The Carleton Ravens end the Can-Am Shootout 4-1, with their only loss to the Indiana Hoosiers.

The Ravens won by a wider margin of 92-60, having beaten the Tigers on August 16th, 86-76. The Ravens outshot Memphis in all four quarters. Phil Scrubb led the scoring securing 7 of 7 free throws, 9 of 15 from inside the key and 5 of 9 from the outside."

"The Carleton Ravens are the athletic teams that represent Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The most notable sports team for Carleton is the men's basketball team. In men's basketball, the Ravens have won ten of the last twelve national men's championships, and went on an 87-game winning streak from 2003 to 2006. They also had a 54 game home winning streak. The Ravens finished 2nd in the World University Basketball Championships in 2004. The Ravens are on a 41 game regular season winning streak."

"Taking on the Memphis Tigers on August 19th, the Carleton Ravens secured their second win after facing them two nights prior. The Carleton Ravens end the Can-Am Shootout 4-1, with their only loss to the Indiana Hoosiers.

The Ravens won by a wider margin of 92-60, having beaten the Tigers on August 16th, 86-76. The Ravens outshot Memphis in all four quarters. Phil Scrubb led the scoring securing 7 of 7 free throws, 9 of 15 from inside the key and 5 of 9 from the outside."

"The Carleton Ravens are the athletic teams that represent Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The most notable sports team for Carleton is the men's basketball team. In men's basketball, the Ravens have won ten of the last twelve national men's championships, and went on an 87-game winning streak from 2003 to 2006. They also had a 54 game home winning streak. The Ravens finished 2nd in the World University Basketball Championships in 2004. The Ravens are on a 41 game regular season winning streak."

that's an exhibition doesn't count towards record there are 2 unannounced preliminary 2 k sports games not yet announced

that's an exhibition doesn't count towards record there are 2 unannounced preliminary 2 k sports games not yet announced

That's a relief.

I love that there are a handful of very tough pre-conf games this year - would actually welcome a loss or two before the new year for once - really think this will be a squad that grows throughout the year and will be at its best by late Feb

Yeah, exactly. Exhibition or not, non D1 school or not, they took us to overtime last year and we had to rally late to stay in this one. Will be a battle and expect anything.

If SU is a tad down from the last few years the RPI bump will help as long as they don't get whitewashed in those OOC tests

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom