Scoop had a good game last night... | Syracusefan.com

Scoop had a good game last night...

mark79

All Conference
8 points, 7 assists, two rebounds, only two turnovers in 18 minutes. He was very efficient last night. I will feel better when he has these kind of performances against better teams, but still great to see. Played shut down defense in the second half too. very nice game for Scoop.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.600164,-77.826838

It was nice to see that for sure. But you're right, has to come against better teams. Same with Southerland.

...all 3 guards, not including MCW here, played well...it is what we will need to be successful this year...success is final 4 and NC

He could have had 2 more assists and BT could have had one more if we could have finished any of those early alley-oops. Even when we throw them well we can't score on them half the time.

He could have had 2 more assists and BT could have had one more if we could have finished any of those early alley-oops. Even when we throw them well we can't score on them half the time.

Agree Ghost - there could have been quite a few more assists registered by the guards last night. I also agree that all of our guards played well. Really great to see. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see what MCW is going to become.

Yes he did ... I hope we begin to see a lot more of Good Scoop.

I liked what I have been seeing lately in terms of both Scoop and Dion's attitude. Less "show-boating" and more focused, determined intensity. Less me-first attitude as well, and much better defensive intensity. Dion's transformation in particular is startling. That can carry us a long way.

I liked what I have been seeing lately in terms of both Scoop and Dion's attitude. Less "show-boating" and more focused, determined intensity. Less me-first attitude as well, and much better defensive intensity. Dion's transformation in particular is startling. That can carry us a long way.

In the second half, Scoop looked like a guy who knew he'd play very limited minutes and wanted to challenge himself by going all-in on defense. He was picking his man up at 3/4 court and working hard. Nice to see (and apart from that bad three attempt from the top of the key, a solid A- game from him in short minutes).

Agree Ghost - there could have been quite a few more assists registered by the guards last night. I also agree that all of our guards played well. Really great to see. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see what MCW is going to become.

MCW is going to be awesome next year. He is already a very good defender as a freshman. All he needs is a year to develop his offense which is already good for a freshman. I am also excited to see how christmas develops. I think by the end of the year he will have a few games really good games (similar to fab last year) where he shows what he will become in the next few years.

8 points, 7 assists, two rebounds, only two turnovers in 18 minutes. He was very efficient last night. I will feel better when he has these kind of performances against better teams, but still great to see. Played shut down defense in the second half too. very nice game for Scoop.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.600164,-77.826838
In case anybody is interested, here are the A:TO ratios for the 3 guards. Waiters 2.26, Triche 1.66 and Scoop 2.41

It was a BS opponent, but thats what we need from scoop. 8 pts and 7 rebs. most points coming off FTs. Pair that with DW and we dont lose.

Yep - I would most definitely sign up for Scoop's line in this game all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom