Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling

I think it’s BS that these HS reporters are all reaching out to players about next year when we have a big game in 5 days. They couldn’t wait till Monday?
I could be wrong but it’s my understanding that this was the last media access of the season for the players (unless we make a bowl game). Yes they could have been asked earlier in the season but makes most sense to ask at end of season or as close to that as possible which is this week so I have no issue with the timing.

This whole Tucker thing reminds me a little of when Shafer was fired and people were speculating what Dungey would do

Reactions: FAL
Tucker like most college players will have some time post-season to see how the transfer portal plays out.

If a number of good players nationally jump ship and the incentive turns out to be monetary it might influence more players than we think. Time will tell. This whole thing really hasn't had a chance, yet, to judge what effect it'll have.

ha almost at the exact same time I texted that thought to the fine mess brethren. There would be no point if the good players end up bolting to the SEC and/or greener pastures. I'd end up seeing a lot more div 3 and other games. So be it. Friggin hate what college athletics has become.
You can definitely see how the NLI and transfer portal could be the death knell for some programs as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Will some schools continue to compete in bigtime football just to get a check but get destroyed on the field and lose good players to other schools?. Maybe it will work in reverse too. Good players buried on the depth chart at a powerhouse will leave to play at a school with more opportunity for them. If it goes the way that the spoils only go to a select few schools, I'm out and will follow DI-A and D3.

I guess not.
can you answer why a journalist should care about the date of “the big game”?

For some reason that made me laugh and reminding me of this.

salad anything GIF

LOL Facebook Syracuse.com article comments are probably the absolute cess pool and where if ANY parents and players are reading negative comments.

I love this board and all the people on here… and yes that includes you rrlbees despite your constant disagreements with me. But it wouldn’t be the same if you didn’t say the opposite of almost everything I say and I really actually enjoy reading your insight.

With that being said I’m fairly confident to say this board makes absolutely no effect on players decisions……especially Sean Tucker.

I hope he returns but I certainly can’t blame the kid for looking elsewhere….he wasn’t in the Heisman list, he didn’t get on the doak list which we all thought he would and the reason essentially was because he was on Syracuse.

The kid wants to get drafted and paid. Winning those type of awards or being in the conversation of those awards raises his draft stock. If being at Cuse is going to hurt his chances for those…you can’t blame him for not fully committing to coming back next season.

The program is under stress right now. last people i'm worrying about is overzealous media asking questions we kinda all want answered.

Let's see the team sack up and win vs Pittsburgh. This feels like BC 2004 when P was under an assault of terrible media and got the team to scratch out a crazy win against a ranked BC. Dino needs to dig deep here.
We need Diamondi Ferri. Does Tucker play DB and return kicks?

And another blow for Tucker and Cuse

Tucker not named a finalist for the Doak award
This really does hurt. The kid almost leads the nation in rushing on a team that has no other weapons except a running QB. Teams do not have to defend the pass and Tucker still gets yards and big gains. I would like to see SYR and Tuck make a statement Saturday. 250 yards and 4 touchdowns. Put that in your piehole Doak Walker voters.

Last edited:
It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted is also made up or something people have no clue about. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

BTW, none of this has anything to do with you. I just decided to use your post for my rant. LOL.
Don’t disagree. But this stuff is absolutely light compared to say hmm the $ec.

Don’t piss down bees back and tell him it’s raining! Kid says he‘s pretty much coming back unless a coaching change which defeats the board narrative and people go rip , saying he’s still leaving! Such BS. This board is Twitter on steroids at this point FWIW. Get a grip
Well, you’re a feisty fella aren’t ya? Not sure exactly what the supposed board narrative on Tucker has to do with me being sick of underachieving is, but sure I suppose.

I will agree, there’s been a twittering atmosphere developing for awhile, centered on H0T Takes instead of thought.

And FWIW - I come here for perspectives and news, not to formulate my own opinions. I’ve got a pretty good grip on things, just down on the staff for things I’ve seen on the field.

Who the hell cares about “the deals”? I am not saying that the $50k t-shirt deals these kids are now getting is going to significantly alter the college football landscape.

Boosters and others have indirectly been paying kids for years to attend there schools. Why the hell else would a 5 star player go to Ole Miss, Arkansas or Florida State?? The 10-15 factory schools pay these kids millions each year to attend the school. They have the resources and have been doing it for years. No t-shirt deal thanks to NIL is not going to significantly alter this outcome.

However, factor in this type of money with the new transfer rule and you give a factory school an opportunity to target a good player from an average P5 or non-P5 school to come in immediately and help them.
You really think these booster would continue to go under the table when they could get a bunch of clout from publicizing them by signing them to as or sponsorship deals?

Also millions? Really? Find me one kid that made millions in college.

The minute this BS transfer portal rule changed I knew this would happen. Just never figured Syracuse would be the school because the recruiting is so bad.

Can you blame him? Go to a factory school, get 6 figure paycheck to hold you over until you turn pro and you can compete for meaningful bowls/championships? Or stay at Syracuse, deal with this BS and fight for a trip to the Pinstripe Bowl.
That's not really how the portal works. It's mostly guys who weren't happy with their playing situation and will end up moving down a level, maybe laterally. Sure there will be some guys move up, but I don't see stars like Tucker using the portal. What's the point? These kids go to college to give them the best opportunity to get drafted. You think Tucker would take a chance at his draft stock to play a year at Bama? No chance. People getting all worked up for nothing.

The minute this BS transfer portal rule changed I knew this would happen. Just never figured Syracuse would be the school because the recruiting is so bad.

Can you blame him? Go to a factory school, get 6 figure paycheck to hold you over until you turn pro and you can compete for meaningful bowls/championships? Or stay at Syracuse, deal with this BS and fight for a trip to the Pinstripe Bowl.
You think he automatically gets the starting job at a Alabama or Ohio State type school?Would be a gamble is what I think.

In a way yes. Bandwagon fans jump off and don't come out unless we're winning. Hard to recruit when there is apathy and low support. Harder to win with less talented recruits.
That's how it is all over the country though. Even in 2018 towards the end of the year we had a really nice crowd vs Lville. We don't need to do a lot to get fans back. Just have to win.

I hope he returns but I certainly can’t blame the kid for looking elsewhere….he wasn’t in the Heisman list, he didn’t get on the doak list which we all thought he would and the reason essentially was because he was on Syracuse.

The kid wants to get drafted and paid. Winning those type of awards or being in the conversation of those awards raises his draft stock. If being at Cuse is going to hurt his chances for those…you can’t blame him for not fully committing to coming back next season.
There is absolutely no way Tucker transfers for no reason. Take a look at the portal. I would say a very small percent entered the portal for the reason people are specifying. It's not a smart move. He already attracted NFL scouts. Playing for a different school will in no way enhance his worth. Other than improving on pass blocking, i would say Tucker's value is already established, and there is little he can do to improve/decline where he would get drafted after next season.

You think he automatically gets the starting job at a Alabama or Ohio State type school?Would be a gamble is what I think.
And even if he would, he would likely splitting carries. Here he is our superstar and everything basically revolves around him. He goes somewhere else, he's the new guy in town and has to prove himself there and you never know what happens. His family seems grounded to me and don't think they would make that mistake.

LOL Facebook Syracuse.com article comments are probably the absolute cess pool and where if ANY parents and players are reading negative comments.

I love this board and all the people on here… and yes that includes you rrlbees despite your constant disagreements with me. But it wouldn’t be the same if you didn’t say the opposite of almost everything I say and I really actually enjoy reading your insight.

With that being said I’m fairly confident to say this board makes absolutely no effect on players decisions……especially Sean Tucker.

LOL. Honestly, I couldn’t tell you a single topic I’ve disagreed with you on. I’m sure I have but since I can’t remember any, that means I don’t intentionally look out for you so I can disagree.

Some of you call out this site only. I didn’t say this site only. I said this site and other social media. The point is, some fans have gone so far over the top it’s ridiculous and gives the sense the fans don’t support anything about the program including the players. And I’ve talked to plenty of parents over the years. Became friends with some. They wouldn’t disagree. It’s not about a single player like Tucker and what he’ll do. It’s about the air around the program. Be pissed about all the losing, but tone down the name calling, trashing, belittling, etc. (and I’m not talking about you). One last thing, this has always been intended to be the mature site and not like Syracuse.com or twitter or etc.

Tune in in September and see who we've got.

LOL. Honestly, I couldn’t tell you a single topic I’ve disagreed with you on. I’m sure I have but since I can’t remember any, that means I don’t intentionally look out for you so I can disagree.

Some of you call out this site only. I didn’t say this site only. I said this site and other social media. The point is, some fans have gone so far over the top it’s ridiculous and gives the sense the fans don’t support anything about the program including the players. And I’ve talked to plenty of parents over the years. Became friends with some. They wouldn’t disagree. It’s not about a single player like Tucker and what he’ll do. It’s about the air around the program. Be pissed about all the losing, but tone down the name calling, trashing, belittling, etc. (and I’m not talking about you). One last thing, this has always been intended to be the mature site and not like Syracuse.com or twitter or etc.
Sean has to do what is best for him, regardless what some people here think. This is a new world in college football.
For running backs there is a very short time for most careers. Need to get the best opportunity for yourself.

I rarely make an absolute statement. But I’m 100% comfortable saying that there is 0% chance that Tucker hadn’t considered entering the portal all on his own.
I don't disagree. I wasn't giving my opinion, just clarifying what I thought another poster meant by his comment.

No player is transferring or entering the portal because of something they read from Chip or Orangextreme or even Alsacs on syracusefan.com. SU encourages the main sport athletes (and their parents) not to read this board ( I know this for a fact) but its not because there worried JRHeeter might convince Mike Jones to transfer to Binghamton .
See post #147.

The last job I worked at was in a union and my co workers constantly speculated as to whether we would be replaced at the next contract, even though we’ve been there since 1890. The company of course caught wind and started treating us badly. Some people just bring these things on themselves.

So let me get this straight, the company started treating the workers badly because they heard the workers were worried about their jobs? Like, if they hadn't heard, they would have continued to treat them well? It gave them the idea to treat them badly? Genuinely confused and fascinated by this.

So let me get this straight, the company started treating the workers badly because they heard the workers were worried about their jobs? Like, if they hadn't heard, they would have continued to treat them well? It gave them the idea to treat them badly? Genuinely confused and fascinated by this.
They caught wind that our small union, local 1 of 1 was scared that we might get replaced. They then started asking (telling) us to do things outside of our job scope and eventually even working a COVID in processing tent. To summarize, they knew we wouldn’t grieve anything because we were happy just to be there. We gave up any leverage we may have had.