Season on the line Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Season on the line Saturday

2-3zone

2nd String
Oh the pressure

10-8 gets in

9-9 with a awful loss to a bad Florida St. team and the bubble will burst

I said it when it happened that the Clemson loss that we had won was a killer. Hope we beat FSU and it doesn't come back to haunt us

Oh the pressure

10-8 gets in

9-9 with a awful loss to a bad Florida St. team and the bubble will burst
your being overly dramatic a win would lock up a bid but if we lose we still have a good shot with acct win. at fsu with rpi of 68 is not a bad loss but i expect us to win

Didnt look to bad beating Notre Dame by 21 this weekend, will be a tight game but well win

Backs are against the wall. We know what we need to do.

FSU looked really good in their last home game vs Notre Dame. And don't forget, but teams that are basically locks to make the NCAAs don't always put in 100% in the ACC Tournament.

We should win but if we win @FSU or win the 1st game in DC we're in. Losing to UNC by 5 on the road isn't exactly like losing at home to Houston...

We're most likely looking at VPI in the Wednesday game, right?

It could be any one of VT, GA Tech or even FSU at this point.
VT please. GaTech is a good team and has an outside shot at a bid; we don't want to see FSU 2 games in a row. I think we beat FSU Saturday honestly.

Don't believe for a second that our effort tonight didn't help us pass the look test with the committee.

We def passed the eye test tonight, but if you want to lock up a bid and leave no doubt, we need to beat Fsu.

Briancuse said:
We def passed the eye test tonight, but if you want to lock up a bid and leave no doubt, we need to beat Fsu.

No doubt. But this loss really didn't hurt us.

Huh?! FSU is a talented young team on the road and will most likely be favored. 9-9 with a win in the ACC tourney gets us in. Step off the ledge.

I disagree. See the RPI post. If Syracuse had beaten the Big East teams then I'd agree.

I mean, how the hell did St. John's beat them. That's what will keep th out at 9-9.

Bottom line. Beat FSU and a 1st round ACC opponent or likely NIT

No doubt. But this loss really didn't hurt us.

No it didn't change anything, I didn't expect to win tonight, but glad we hung in there. Hopefully we built something for saturday.

I think 20 wins overall and 10 in conference is enough. Losing @FSU isn't as bad as say losing @BC. 20 wins overall in a down year in college basketball combined with some of our high quality wins should be enough

I never understand why we insist on doing this thing where we pretend everything happens in a vacuum and what other teams do doesn't matter. This cut line people have created at 9/10 ACC wins is false. The committee is required to pick 34 at large teams. Look at the other teams on the bubble here, especially those considered to be just barely out and tell me that a loss at fsu drops Syracuse behind these teams. Washington? Stanford? Oregon st? St bonaventure? Lsu? These are the typa teams just barely outside looking in. Look at their records/resumes. Most "brackeology" predictions from yesterday had cuse as a 9 seed, meaning there are somewhere between 12-14 teams currently IN the field that cuse was ahead of. I doubt a close loss at unc changes much in that regard. Yes a loss at fsu would ding the resume and a W would probably clinch a bid, but I have a hard time believing that a loss , and even a 2 loss week would drop them from a 9 seed to out with this weak
Bubble.

I never understand why we insist on doing this thing where we pretend everything happens in a vacuum and what other teams do doesn't matter. This cut line people have created at 9/10 ACC wins is false. The committee is required to pick 34 at large teams. Look at the other teams on the bubble here, especially those considered to be just barely out and tell me that a loss at fsu drops Syracuse behind these teams. Washington? Stanford? Oregon st? St bonaventure? Lsu? These are the typa teams just barely outside looking in. Look at their records/resumes. Most "brackeology" predictions from yesterday had cuse as a 9 seed, meaning there are somewhere between 12-14 teams currently IN the field that cuse was ahead of. I doubt a close loss at unc changes much in that regard. Yes a loss at fsu would ding the resume and a W would probably clinch a bid, but I have a hard time believing that a loss , and even a 2 loss week would drop them from a 9 seed to out with this weak
Bubble.
Bingo. Everything is so fluid it's hard to say what makes us no longer a bubble team. The good thing we control our own destiny. Win the next 2 games, and it's all gravy from there.

Bubble.

Sanity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom