Season Tickets Just arrived | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Season Tickets Just arrived

If the font was any smaller on the pocket schedule I'd need an electron microscope to read it.

loupe.gif

Nice perk for the preferred seat holders.

Of course, it makes the "steerage" season ticket holders feel even more unappreciated. They're lucky to get a window sticker (that probably doesn't stick).

1f34a.png
"Steerage" .. lol. So harsh.

Nice. The packaging seems kind of wasteful, but there's no doubt that preferred ticket holders have felt shortchanged for years. SU's long past due in making that group feel welcome, so if this sort of thing helps, that's good.
Wasteful? You're more creative than that, OM -- what container do you store your playing cards in? Or your SU photos and tickets from yesteryear? Or loose change for the good humor man? ;)

If you spend $100-200 on season tickets and feel slighted here, come on. That money doesn't help the program one iota. Be happy that tickets are that cheap and find another battle. (not coming at you, OX)

That's not really how I'd say it. It does help the program.

But yeah, if the tickets are drawn on a piece of paper by a child with a crayon, that would be fine by me. As long as it gets you through the turnstiles.

(I do think the crayon color used should be orange, for whatever that is worth).

Wasteful? You're more creative than that, OM -- what container do you store your playing cards in? Or your SU photos and tickets from yesteryear? Or loose change for the good humor man? ;)

Oh, if I were a donor, I'd immediately transfer all my ticket stubs from the shoebox they're currently in to this commemorative tin. It'd be perfect.

But I have a hunch that it's going to be clutter destined for the trash can for a less-packratty percentage of the fanbase.

That's not really how I'd say it. It does help the program.

But yeah, if the tickets are drawn on a piece of paper by a child with a crayon, that would be fine by me. As long as it gets you through the turnstiles.

(I do think the crayon color used should be orange, for whatever that is worth).

Do they deliver season tickets in electronic form, say via a phone app?

I think it's been a few years since I used an actual physical ticket to get into a sporting event, theater show or concert.

I have to admit, reading about people receiving tickets in the mail seems quite archaic to me.

Oh, if I were a donor, I'd immediately transfer all my ticket stubs from the shoebox they're currently in to this commemorative tin. It'd be perfect.

But I have a hunch that it's going to be clutter destined for the trash can for a less-packratty percentage of the fanbase.

I've alway thought there should be two pieces of paper involved: a single parking pass and a single ticket that is a pass to get into the Dome for all the home games that season. Keep one in your car and the other in your wallet. A lot of trees would still be standing if we'd done that all along.

Do they deliver season tickets in electronic form, say via a phone app?

I think it's been a few years since I used an actual physical ticket to get into a sporting event, theater show or concert.

I have to admit, reading about people receiving tickets in the mail seems quite archaic to me.

I'm not sure actually. With the Dome I've always played it safe and kept paper of some sort. But yeah, otherwise, it's nice to just show the phone. Airports especially are more convenient electronically.

I will say, SU has made it very easy to electronically transfer tickets to people. Which is a huge upgrade. We have 6 people in our group, and rarely do all 6 attend the same game. SU has made it much easier to manage that process. Select the game, type in an email address once (will stay there for future use), and you're done.

Don't ask me what happens when you have a typo in the email address.

doing it all via phone also means people have to bring phones to the game. many older people dont carry phones, many like me dont want to bother with a phone if i dont have too.

I've alway thought there should be two pieces of paper involved: a single parking pass and a single ticket that is a pass to get into the Dome for all the home games that season. Keep one in your car and the other in your wallet. A lot of trees would still be standing if we'd done that all along.

What if you're unable to attend a game and you want to give/sell a ticket to someone else?

For the Bills, they give you a credit card like ticket for all games. Makes transferring tickets very tough.

I am also still waiting on my seasons (section 304). They still coming in?

For the Bills, they give you a credit card like ticket for all games. Makes transferring tickets very tough.

Have something like that for the Nats. I can transfer games to anyone on their ticket and points website. Super easy. Also can put money on there for stadium purchases, shorter lines a % off the charge.

Dan, I'm still waiting on my seasons as well. If they aren't in the mailbox tonight I was going to give the box office a ring to see when they planned on mailing them out.

Dan, I'm still waiting on my seasons as well. If they aren't in the mailbox tonight I was going to give the box office a ring to see when they planned on mailing them out.

Let me know what you hear. I might be wrong, but I believe that they send them out in groups. Our group may not have been sent yet.

I thought season tickets weren't supposed to be transferred.

doing it all via phone also means people have to bring phones to the game. many older people dont carry phones, many like me dont want to bother with a phone if i dont have too.

Wasn't saying phone should be the only way, but personally I'd prefer the option.

since they use a bar code scanner its pretty easy to print tickets and still transfer them making the original ticket void if they wanted too.

I thought season tickets weren't supposed to be transferred.

Yea, I think it is a push for you to use their approved NFL ticket exchange. As if being a Bills fan wasn't tough enough...

Came home tonight to a package from SU Athletics at my front door. Made my weekend and it's only Friday!

Should I worry I have not received anything yet?

id call the box office asap on monday since im sure all tickets have been mailed out by now.Did you recently change your address ?

id call the box office asap on monday since im sure all tickets have been mailed out by now.Did you recently change your address ?
I did but I notified them.

I haven't had any mail delivery to my Auburn house in six weeks

Should I worry I have not received anything yet?
I actually called the box office today before I got home. One of the ladies there told me if I don't get them in the next couple of days to call back, and to definitely call if I don't get them by the 25th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom