Second Favorite ACC Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Second Favorite ACC Team

What is your second favorite ACC team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I have said before, we are on the path that Clemson had years ago and if we get a bit more aggressive defensively we could follow all the way thru to their current spot. Dabo is class act and we could be playing money teams such as Bama and ped st u.

I have to say Duke since I got my master's degree there. :rolleyes:

I have always liked Clemson (maybe it's the orange). After seeing the campus, I like it even more.
It used to be a bit of a joke academically, but no longer. Sports has really helped it grow as a school.
One if my son's best friends is going there next year. Wanted big stadium FB. It was there or Big 10 for him (Purdue).

I was not expecting this percentage of fans to have Clemson as their second favorite. Always figured I was the only Clemson fan here...
The Orange paint scheme surely helps.

My thoughts are:
*I LIVE/LOVE to hate []_[].
*I think BC is Syracuse Jr., and their coach should absolutely be liked a lot more than he is on this site. I think he gets hate because his style of play is very different than Dino’s, and some posters are too insecure to accept anything other than pure orthodoxy.
*I respect Pitt
*I’ll never forgive VT
*UL fans are fine, but it KILLS me that we had to make a UMD - UL trade
*I really don’t buy the “ND is special” story, so, for the most part, I don’t care about ND one way or the other - except that A) they have good academics and B) they are fantastic at annoying Michigan. I enjoy both of those traits.
*The NC schools all mildly annoy me for various reasons.
*I detest Clemson - everything about it. I also separately strongly dislike Dabo, and I think he’s a creep. I really don’t care what he said to Dino. He gets far too much love on this site - mostly from the same fans who hate Addazio. I don’t think that overlap is random chance.
*I like having FSU in the conference, but I’d MUCH rather play Miami
*GT is fine. They usually field a decent team, and they’re a good school. I’m not overly emotionally vested in then.

*UVA is my second favorite ACC team.

Theres not a single team in the ACC I ever find myself rooting for unless they’re playing the devil.

Aka PSU or Bama.

I have nothing against Bama. In fact, I kind of like them.

The cult on the other hand...

In the ACC, I either dislike everybody or don’t care about them.

Dislike: our whole division, Pitt, Duke(b-ball hate carries over, UNC(same), GT(dirty cutblockers), Miami, VT(old BE hate for both)...wait, is that everybody? Oh yeah, Virginia. I guess they’re the one I don’t care about.

That applies to pretty much the whole country. I’ve always liked LSU and Washington just a little for some reason. Everyone else - nah.

My older daughter is an NC State undergrad, so I guess I'll go with them. Next year I'm looking at the other going to UNC so I guess I'll have a third team. And, yes, it feels a little gross.

The real question is which ACC teams do you hate the least. Probably Virginia and Clemson (Dabo is a class act, cant hate that guy).
Being an Engineer by background and surrounded by GA-Tech nerds (fair-weather fans) here at work in Atlanta - I despise the Yellowjackets. Nole fans tend to be arrogant jerks.

There's not a single team in the ACC I ever find myself rooting for unless they’re playing the devil.

Aka PSU or Bama.
Trueblue ...you need to make this your signature quote. ASAP

No one should have a second favorite college football team. No divided loyalties.
Go tell your wife who you second favorite wife is and see how that turns out?
True love has no 2nd.
Could this be any more well said?

My second favorite ACC team may, may, may be FSU ...when they are playing for an 8-10 win season, and not a National Championship.

That being said, I completely agree with the thoughts of Trueblue and Sudano above

If Pitt was a person he’d have thrown a snowball at Delone Carter

I would have to say Clemson. I respect Coach Swinney and love the fact the his teams have beaten Saban's Alabama squads. During Bowl season, I root for all the ACC teams, even Pitt and BC which I can't stand. Florida St. isn't far behind those two. Go SYRACUSE ORANGE!!!!!!!!

No one should have a second favorite college football team. No divided loyalties.
Go tell your wife who you second favorite wife is and see how that turns out?
True love has no 2nd.

My wife’s second favorite “husband” is Conor McGregor and I’m secure with it. She’s attracted to bad boys what can I say. Now excuse me I’m off to Home Depot and then Bed Bath and Beyond if there’s time.

This would have been easier if the question was which ACC program do you detest the most (or staying with the theme, second most). Answering that question is easy - FSU. I spent my freshman year in college at Miami and that was all it took to imbue me with a strong hatred of all things FSU.

Answering the question at hand, I guess Miami. Honestly, though, all that means is I will not be disappointed if Miami wins the Coastal. It is not an active fandom.

I actively root for the two schools that handed me degrees. That is enough.

Reactions: gbo
This would have been easier if the question was which ACC program do you detest the most (or staying with the theme, second most). Answering that question is easy - FSU. I spent my freshman year in college at Miami and that was all it took to imbue me with a strong hatred of all things FSU.

Answering the question at hand, I guess Miami. Honestly, though, all that means is I will not be disappointed if Miami wins the Coastal. It is not an active fandom.

I actively root for the two schools that handed me degrees. That is enough.
This can be a poll for next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom