Seed Projections | Syracusefan.com

Seed Projections

We are playing ourselves into 8-9 territory. Lunardi had us last 4 in but he is way off on a bunch of teams. Palm had us as a 10 seed.

I guess I will take an 8-9 since it means we are in the tourney but I would love to be above that or below it.

If we win every home game and BC we will be sitting at 10-8.

Rather we stay away from 8/9...BTW, I was going off Joey's bracket since ESPN keeps him relevant.

We are playing ourselves into 8-9 territory. Lunardi had us last 4 in but he is way off on a bunch of teams. Palm had us as a 10 seed.

I guess I will take an 8-9 since it means we are in the tourney but I would love to be above that or below it.

If we win every home game and BC we will be sitting at 10-8.
Agree. 6 seed would be nice because would be with the 3 seed in sub bracket. But getting all the way up to 6 is unlikely.

Would rather be an 11, 7, 10 or 12 than an 8 or 9

My first goal for this team is to make the tournament. My next will be not having to play in the first rounds of the ACC and NCAA tournaments.
We will finish top 9 in the ACC or we won't even be on the bubble.
So we won't be playing in the first round of the ACC or we will have to win the ACCT to make the NCAAT.

I think if we get to 9-9 in the ACC and win 1 game we won't make the first four.

We are playing ourselves right now to borderline top 25 team. We are 11-3 with JB 4-5 with MH. That will be used in our favor in the committee room.

Right now I could see us maxing out at a 6 seed and honestly believe we will end up in the awful 8-9 game.

If they went in as an 8 or 9 seed and won the first game , they would play a 1 seed in the round of 32 . There is no way the committee will put that on a 1 seed . Somebody like Bill Self would go berserk and I wouldn't blame him.

Gotta think Cuse back in at 11 or 12 and a whole lotta 5/6 seed teams want nothing to do with us.

Still WAY too early to be talking seed. Still have to make the tourney. We are right where we NEEDED to be when we were 10-7. Had to win 1 of 2 big road games and win everything else. We did it. We are in better shape. But if we lost any of the next 3 - we are in bad shape again. Keep winning. Get to 22 wins and then worry about seed.

Not really, I think Cuse has broken through the suspension funk. Knock on wood...this team looks to have it's mojo back.

i hope so. I just dont know so. yet.

Gotta think Cuse back in at 11 or 12 and a whole lotta 5/6 seed teams want nothing to do with us.
for some reason, you rarely see teams from ACC, Big10 or the old Big East get an 11 or 12 seed. If we are 10-8, or even 9-9 in league play, we get in as no worse than a 9 seed. Of course, if given a choice I'd rather be a "dangerous 12" b/c it sets up a more winnable second round game

I'll take an 8/9 seed in Nova's bracket

I think I would almost rather have the 12 seed in Nova's bracket. Get to play 5 and 4/13 which would both be winnable and then get Nova who may have already lost to the 8/9.

But Im getting way too far ahead. Get us in the tourney and be happy cusefanatl.

If we are lucky enough to make the tournament I just want to avoid 4 teams the first weekend. Oklahoma, Iowa, Michigan State, Xavier.

for some reason, you rarely see teams from ACC, Big10 or the old Big East get an 11 or 12 seed. If we are 10-8, or even 9-9 in league play, we get in as no worse than a 9 seed. Of course, if given a choice I'd rather be a "dangerous 12" b/c it sets up a more winnable second round game

WE! have played and lost to Marquette (11) and Texas AM (12). I know NC state was a play in game recently.

here are 11/12's from ONLY acc, old BE, and big 10. There are lots of big 12, sec, and pac 12 that arent included

2014: nebraska, providence iowa, nc state
2013: minnesota,
2012: nc state
2011: marquette, clemson
2010: minnesota
2009: wisconsin

If we are lucky enough to make the tournament I just want to avoid 4 teams the first weekend. Oklahoma, Iowa, Michigan State, Xavier.
OU would light it up from 3..

I like our chances against Iowa and MSU though.

OU would light it up from 3..

I like our chances against Iowa and MSU though.
Iowa and Michigan State would kill us. They have great ball movement and multiple shooters. They are Final Four teams.

If they went in as an 8 or 9 seed and won the first game , they would play a 1 seed in the round of 32 . There is no way the committee will put that on a 1 seed . Somebody like Bill Self would go berserk and I wouldn't blame him.
not necessarly true - they seeded Kentucky as an 8 a couple of years ago and they #1 beat Wich St in the round of 32 and then went to the F4

First World Problems. We are doing what we need to do to get ourselves back into position to play in the NCAAT, but with the exception of maybe BC I'm not sure there are any sure wins on the balance of the schedule. Probably no games we can't win, but things can still easily go either way.

Lots of season left. Mark my words when all is said and done we'll be a 5 seed. Mark it down.
A 5 seed would meet a 1 seed in the sweet 16. The committee really doesn't want to get 1 seeds knocked out early . If this team continues to develop , I think they have to discount the early season to be fair to top seeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom