Seed Projections | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seed Projections

I think at this point we are all just hoping to get into the tournament. Our numbers don't look good, but we have one great win (Texas A&M) and a couple good ones (duke, ND, UConn?) Right now I think we're a 10 or 11 seed. But really, there's a lot of leeway as to the seed we'd get, especially because we could make a run in the ACC Tourney. Remember our Gerry powered run through the BE tournament that ended with us getting a 6 or 5 seed when we were on the outside looking in to begin the tournament? Recent play matters more to the committee, and the only two teams that I'm afraid of in the tournament are Virginia and North Carolina, and on a good day, we could beat them as well. If we were to finish something like 10-8 or 11-7 in ACC play and beat something like NC State, Miami, and then Louisville before losing to North Carolina would take us to 23-11 with wins over maybe 6 top 25 teams. That's probably a 4 seed. But we could just as easily be in the first 4 or completely out if we don't play great down the stretch.

not necessarly true - they seeded Kentucky as an 8 a couple of years ago and they #1 beat Wich St in the round of 32 and then went to the F4
That was only because they stacked the bracket against wsu

people love the ACC right now so that helps us.

looking at ACC teams if things go pretty close to form

Pitt will be 7-6 when we play them we could be 8-6 if we hold serve , a win and we jump them
UL will be 8-4 if they split the duke/ND trip when we get there
miami will be no better than 11-7
ND probably ends up with 7 losses
Duke is at best 9-9
clemson probably at worst a 6 loss team

su if we get to 10-8 we are a 5-7 seed in the ACC ahead of Duke, if we are a 10-12 seed what does that make them?

How much of an impact will Boeheims suspension have on our resume/seeding? All of the bad losses happened when he was out. The team has played pretty well since he came back.

Doesn't matter. We're cutting down Nets regardless of seed.

This team has a way of playing better in big games. We just have to take care business now and get into the bloody thing.

This team has a way of playing better in big games. We just have to take care business now and get into the bloody thing.
Right On!!! As I mentioned in another thread, lets take them one game at a time. Just way too many variables out there, land mines to negotiate, and hot and cold players for us and the other team. Biggest pothole I hope we get around is the first game after the 11 day layoff. One thing Syracuse could do for 11 days is practice free throws.

Right On!!! As I mentioned in another thread, lets take them one game at a time. Just way too many variables out there, land mines to negotiate, and hot and cold players for us and the other team. Biggest pothole I hope we get around is the first game after the 11 day layoff. One thing Syracuse could do for 11 days is practice free throws.

I like your avatar. What lake is that in the background?

I'll take an 8/9 seed in Nova's bracket

Nova did lose to Providence at home. Providence was playing a 2-3 zone the whole second half. It makes me happy to think they were at least thinking of us when they lost!

If we are lucky enough to make the tournament I just want to avoid 4 teams the first weekend. Oklahoma, Iowa, Michigan State, Xavier.

I think you're right about Iowa being a bad matchup if Jok and Uthoff get hot from the outside. Plus McCaffery has Iowa playing quite a bit of 2-3 zone this year, so I don't think they would wet themselves when they saw it. Granted, it's not JB's 2-3 zone.

I like your avatar. What lake is that in the background?
Actually is the St Lawrence River just east of Cape Vincent at Millen Bay. Looking across river to Wolfe Island, Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom