Selection Sunday Show Discussion (Gripes, Rage, Biases, Happiness, whatever welcome) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Show Discussion (Gripes, Rage, Biases, Happiness, whatever welcome)

The Addams Family Smile GIF

The most famous player in Stetson basketball history, Ted Cassidy aka Lerch from the Addams Family. I'll bet he gets mentioned this week, surely during their game. He was also great in Burt Reynolds' Longest Yard, "I think I broke his effin' neck!"

Clemson do finish the 6th place on ACC standing. I think Pitt(4th place) is more qualified than Clemson. I think Clemson is better in the eyes of committee because it has two wins against SEC schools while other ACC seldom played SEC schools.
I mean, they would’ve been the biggest snub in history

Missed selection Sunday. Watching bracketology now. They are whining about UConns path. Give me a break.

Certainly for Oklahoma. Not sure if Pitt had enough either way -- that being said if VIrginia had enough, then you could be right about Pitt too.
Pitts NonCon was 337.

UVA shouldn’t be in. Horrendous pick
But ACC did well in the past five years even NET showed the conference is in down years. So to be safe, the committee does offer ACC five bids as usual. I think five is the minimal number for ACC.

Big East people are pissed the UVA pick on twitter. Frankly I don’t blame them, but it’s still hilarious.

The Big East was projecting as a 5-6 bid league all year. But a bunch of them were tediously right around that line all the time.

Things actually went really well for them as late as Thursday, and they probably started thinking 6 again(St. John's beating Seton Hall seemed optimal, and Providence got a huge Q1 win).

But when things imploded due to all the bubble busters, they were the proper teams to be victimized.
You could argue they could have got a 4th, but that's it.

10-10 Q1/Q2. It's not that bad.
2-7 in quad one though with a NET of 56. I think Providence, Indiana st. and St. John’s all have legitimate gripes. Maybe even Seton Hall. The BE schools all have at least 4 quad ones with St. John’s having a significant higher NET. And this is coming from someone ecstatic the BE schools are out.

Pitts NonCon was 337.

Not disagreeing that Pitt had a horrible Non-Con.
I'm just not sure if they did enough to get in even if you disregard that factor. If it did them in good.
Unlike Oklahoma IMO.

But ACC did well in the past five years even NET showed the conference is in down years. So to be safe, the committee does offer ACC five bids as usual. I think five is the minimal number for ACC.
Would have only been 4 if NCST didn’t win the ACCT.

I'm becoming a HUUUGGEE Hatters Fan!!!

Stetson_Hatters_logo_(2018).jpeg

Let's GO Hatters!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors