Send 200 Kids to the Texas Bowl-NunesMagician | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Send 200 Kids to the Texas Bowl-NunesMagician

Georgetown actually does a good job at this -- after you buy tickets, one of the drop down menu options (where you can also print them or forward them on to a friend) is an option to donate them (to the local Boys & Girls Club, I believe).

Perhaps, someone with connections to the Powers That Be can suggest that.

in for $44. And as I entered that into the check book lo an behold the two entries previous to were for $44.44 at Walgreens and $144 from Joey rest. Gotta mean something with that good karma right? :rolleyes:

Seriously this is a great thing, props and kudos everyone.

Georgetown actually does a good job at this -- after you buy tickets, one of the drop down menu options (where you can also print them or forward them on to a friend) is an option to donate them (to the local Boys & Girls Club, I believe).

man thats an awesome idea, and a great way to get local youth into the dome! You should write to TGD about this!

I wonder how much goodwill pin action the REAL Troy Nunes will get from this campaign. A lot of national folks probably wont know the site has no affiliation with the real Troy Nunes (if they even know who he is).

is there a phone number or something as the site will not accept my credit card as it keeps denying the year it expires and I use the card all the time. It also said my address was incorrect once and accepted the year on that try.

it's a visa card and maybe my bank will not allow these types of transactions

i'm lost on this
I'm having problems too saying it will not accept my card and I use it all the time for transactions.

can someone make sure those kids know who the real orange is- tell them how we were the first orange not texas-maybe get that printed on the shirts-lol

Now North of 25k, 800 kids give or take. Does anyone think this # may become absurd with the National attention. I can't wait to watch and see them talk about these kids during the game.

I wonder if Alec Lemon knows this is happening... maybe he could stop in and bring some of his Houston Texans team mates with him... they probably don't travel to Tennessee until the next day anyway.
He does, he tweeted yesterday when someone brought it to his attention, saying "I would love to help out with this."

Justin Pugh has also retweeted the Deadspin story about it.

retro44 said:
is there a phone number or something as the site will not accept my credit card as it keeps denying the year it expires and I use the card all the time. It also said my address was incorrect once and accepted the year on that try. it's a visa card and maybe my bank will not allow these types of transactions i'm lost on this

You need funds available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

shandeezy7 said:
This is awesome. I do worry that with the increased attention this is getting, that he will have way more money than he'll know what to do with. Good problem to have though, for sure. Perhaps if there is a considerable amount of extra money, he could start a local non-profit that can work with local schools and youth programs to send local kids to SU games on a regular basis.

We've done it before with Big Brothers / Big Sisters.

We've done it before with Big Brothers / Big Sisters.

I know that it's been done before, but I'm talking about having an actual full-time non-profit organization with a small endowment that you can make donations to that can purchase tickets to multiple games (or maybe even season tickets) and then distribute these tickets to local kids through various schools, youth programs, etc. You could perhaps even grow the organization to include the Crunch and Chiefs and possibly even set up a couple road trips each year to Bills/Sabres games or to NYC.

I know that it's been done before, but I'm talking about having an actual full-time non-profit organization with a small endowment that you can make donations to that can purchase tickets to multiple games (or maybe even season tickets) and then distribute these tickets to local kids through various schools, youth programs, etc. You could perhaps even grow the organization to include the Crunch and Chiefs and possibly even set up a couple road trips each year to Bills/Sabres games or to NYC.

That is a lot of admin work. We set up a 501(c)(3) to adopt a platoon from Ft Bragg and it was not worth the effort for the tax status. We would up just doing without the deduction and no one cared.

Working with SU would be the easiest way to go. I just sent TGD an email and if he got a lot of them maybe he would take notice.

Is this honestly not the best scenario possible?

Lets forget about the tremendous gift of charity this is to these underprivileged children for a moment and look at the other benefits.

- Syracuse's name is all over the InterWebs in relation to this story
- these tickets counting towards our bowl allotment is great for us and the ACC
- any bowl game seeing this is going to say, wow, look at the pub coming from this and/or hopefully look what's being done to bolster their attendance numbers.
- Sean is most definitely reaping the benefits of the pub of going viral
- a large contingent of Texas children now have a soft spot for Cuse, recruiting Class of '25 anyone? ;)
- This story may resonate in the future if we're ever in a last team in type scenario again with other bowls.

What a cool deal. What a cool community stepping to the plate to do this. What a cool story. How cool for these kids.

As stated before, awesome. Congrats Mr. Keeley, job well done.