Send 200 Kids to the Texas Bowl-NunesMagician | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Send 200 Kids to the Texas Bowl-NunesMagician

Is this honestly not the best scenario possible?

Lets forget about the tremendous gift of charity this is to these underprivileged children for a moment and look at the other benefits.

- Syracuse's name is all over the InterWebs in relation to this story
- these tickets counting towards our bowl allotment is great for us and the ACC
- any bowl game seeing this is going to say, wow, look at the pub coming from this and/or hopefully look what's being done to bolster their attendance numbers.
- Sean is most definitely reaping the benefits of the pub of going viral
- a large contingent of Texas children now have a soft spot for Cuse, recruiting Class of '25 anyone? ;)
- This story may resonate in the future if we're ever in a last team in type scenario again with other bowls.

What a cool deal. What a cool community stepping to the plate to do this. What a cool story. How cool for these kids.

As stated before, awesome. Congrats Mr. Keeley, job well done.

I understand your well intentioned sentiment but for me the only other important thing would be for other schools/bowls to get on board and do this every year. I trust that we will.

Now North of 25k, 800 kids give or take. Does anyone think this # may become absurd with the National attention. I can't wait to watch and see them talk about these kids during the game.

We're going to end up with more orange at the Texas Bowl than Auburn has in Pasadena. I'd give the Auburn fans the edge for intoxication. 4 month bender with their turnaround and late game miracles, why come down now.

ACC Blog put in their lunchtime links.

We're going to end up with more orange at the Texas Bowl than Auburn has in Pasadena. I'd give the Auburn fans the edge for intoxication. 4 month bender with their turnaround and late game miracles, why come down now.

ACC Blog put in their lunchtime links.
This is like a Groupon for bowl tickets after the bowl dropped the prices. So awesome.

Matthew Berry has now tweeted the link as well, FYI. Of course he's a proud SU alum so it makes sense he would pimp it.

Sean Keeley deserves more kudos than I have to give out for his great idea. We should also not forget the Houston Texans and the Texas Bowl for their classy response very early in the game. Guess I will have to root for them a bit now.

Nice job all around.

Donated this morning. Amazing idea and shocked at the number of websites that has picked this up. Sean's paypal must be blowing up.

Sean Keeley ‏@NunesMagician 1h
#CuseTixforKids Update: 24 hours ago we set a goal of $12K. Currently at $25,426.69. Give or take, that's 800 kids to the @TexasBowl.

This is unbelievable. Wait until Mike & Mike pick it up, as well as Good Morning America.

Keeley has just solved any team's shortage of attendance at bowl games. And in an awesome way.

Sean Keeley ‏@NunesMagician 1h
#CuseTixforKids Update: 24 hours ago we set a goal of $12K. Currently at $25,426.69. Give or take, that's 800 kids to the @TexasBowl.

This is unbelievable. Wait until Mike & Mike pick it up, as well as Good Morning America.

Keeley has just solved any team's shortage of attendance at bowl games. And in an awesome way.
We should enjoy this while we can, because our future efforts won't buy as many tickets in the NC game.

In for $44... for those of you on Facebook, don't be afraid to post this into your feed!

Sean Keeley ‏@NunesMagician 13m
#CuseTixforKids Tuesday 2pm Update: $29,898.73. Goodness gravy.

applause-gif-tumblr-47.gif

Is there a reason why SU Athletics hasn't promoted this on their twitter? Anyone know of a NCAA rule, or some other reason?

Sean just tweeted 30k or in other words, a first year new house grads dream salary lol

Is there a reason why SU Athletics hasn't promoted this on their twitter? Anyone know of a NCAA rule, or some other reason?

Daily Orange has it, Coach Shafer has tweeted it and I am sure there are others,