Servais Weight | Syracusefan.com

Servais Weight

CbusCuse

All Conference
In 2018 Aaron Servais was 293 lbs and played all season at Center and did it well.

In 2019 Aaron Servais dropped weight to 273 lbs which I assumed was to have better mobility at Tackle. Because of injuries he started at Center and was overpowered at that weight. Then moved to LT at the end of the year and had a nice finish to the season.

Now in 2020 Aaron Servais has balooned up and is playing Tackle at 309 lbs and can't move well. So much so he was moved from LT to RT. We are 4 weeks into the season and he obviously weighs more than he should and is not moving well enough to play at a high level at the Tackle position. Seems like he should have decent control over his weight considering past seasons fluctuation. Why has he not dropped the weight? Maybe it was initially because the staff was worried he'd have to fill in at Center some again with the limited O-Lineman? But don't we think the 6'-3" 295 lbs Josh Llao would be the first in at Center now anyway?

This seems like a major cause to some of our issues this season. Does anybody else not see it this way as well?

In 2018 Aaron Servais was 293 lbs and played all season at Center and did it well.

In 2019 Aaron Servais dropped weight to 273 lbs which I assumed was to have better mobility at Tackle. Because of injuries he started at Center and was overpowered at that weight. Then moved to LT at the end of the year and had a nice finish to the season.

Now in 2020 Aaron Servais has balooned up and is playing Tackle at 309 lbs and can't move well. So much so he was moved from LT to RT. We are 4 weeks into the season and he obviously weighs more than he should and is not moving well enough to play at a high level at the Tackle position. Seems like he should have decent control over his weight considering past seasons fluctuation. Why has he not dropped the weight? Maybe it was initially because the staff was worried he'd have to fill in at Center some again with the limited O-Lineman? But don't we think the 6'-3" 295 lbs Josh Llao would be the first in at Center now anyway?

This seems like a major cause to some of our issues this season. Does anybody else not see it this way as well?
He’s very banged up he could have opted out kid Is doing all he can

His weight has fluctuated based on the S&C plan he's on. It's simply not a case of a guy not being able to control his eating habits.
Can't say I understand the S&C plan he is on then.

Banged up now in season or before the season? Obviously his weight was set before the season. I guess that could contribute but you would still think if he can play he can stay in decent shape and possibly adjust his eating. Just disappointed that his weight doesn't seem optimal 2 years running now. But if he's suffering through some injuries that would explain some things I guess.

Was this was prompted the move to RT and sending Bergeron to LT?

Can't say I understand the S&C plan he is on then.
Why would that be do you think?

1 you have no idea what conditioning plan he is or anyone on the team is on

2 you have no idea whether the added weight is muscle or fat

3 you have no idea where the added weight being muscle or fat has been added to on his body

I think that about sums it up.

Come on now. Have you watched any of the games? No need to get pissy. This is a discussion board and this is was a serious question to something that was not adding up. I'd think most people would come to the conclusion I did after watching him get beaten by many a DE. But If his low quality of play is based solely on injury, then my bad. But that wasn't public knowledge i've heard. Even if he is really banged up, I still think his weight is playing somewhat of a factor in his mobility.

Makes sense. Seems super slow in pass pro. He was never great at run block but pass pro was his jam.

Come on now. Have you watched any of the games? No need to get pissy. This is a discussion board and this is was a serious question to something that was not adding up. I'd think most people would come to the conclusion I did after watching him get beaten by many a DE. But If his low quality of play is based solely on injury, then my bad. But that wasn't public knowledge i've heard. Even if he is really banged up, I still think his weight is playing somewhat of a factor in his mobility.
I agree in that sense.

Is there anyone on this offensive line not banged up?
Maybe 1 guy, or even 2.

Guys play through stuff, all the time. Thats not new. Sometimes it affects your play, sometimes it doesn't. In 2020? If it affects your play, there probably isn't a healthy back up to give your body a chance to heal. If you can play? You play.

Should we lose 2 more? That doesn't meet the ACC recommended # of lineman to play the game. If 2 guys can play through? A whole lot of guys are going to get reps, that otherwise wouldn't, and that helps the entire team. Much respect if any are playing through stuff they normally wouldn't.

I wasn't even going to read this thread because AS is one of my favorite players and I didn't want to see people dumping on him - despite all the OL frustrations. Maybe I am biased, but he's been our most consistent, and IMO most talented, O-lineman the last 4 years. He might have taken a RS, but I believe he's been starting every year, if not every game, since 2017. He's a Co-captain and team spokesman. Honor roll student. Rubiks Cube in 40 seconds, etc. A guy like that deserves the benefit of the doubt: If he's not functioning at his best, we should assume he's < 100% and is taking one for the team. That's all we can ask for in a messed up year like this. I appreciate all he's done for the program and hope he comes back so he can finish out healthy and pin a graduate degree on his chest.

Last edited:
I wasn't even going to read this thread because AS is one of my favorite players and I didn't want to hear people dumping on him - despite all the OL frustrations. Maybe I am biased, but he's been our most consistent, and IMO most talented, O-lineman the last 4 years. He might have taken a RS, but I believe he's been starting every year, if not every game, since 2017. He's a Co-captain and team spokesman. Honor roll student. Rubiks Cube in 40 seconds. A guy like that, if he's not functioning at his top level, we can assume he's taking one for the team. That's all we can ask for in a messed year like this. I appreciate all he's done for the program and hope he comes back so he can finish out healthy and pin a graduate degree on his chest.
I didn't intend to start the thread to dump on him. I like Servais too and he has had a solid career overall. I had high hopes for him this year and he hasn't quite lived up to it so far. I am just a bit disappointed in his play thus far and was trying to figure out why. Hopefully he can heal up a bit and get back to his old self. If not, having him next year will be fantastic if chooses to come back.

Last edited:
Maybe he's just more suited to center than tackle- when he's a 300 pounder.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom