Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that Hurley being the main recruiter here for him played a huge part. It makes a kid feel great when the head coach is recruiting him. This was major factor

I mean we have to sign some guys don’t we? I don’t think there is anything wrong with admitting he has really struggled to close on a lot of important recruits we have coveted the last several years . I actually don’t blame Gerry. It’s the program as a whole that has lost some shine

It’s not like the other guys are doing much better and it’s up to the HC to close.

I do think you’re underrating Goodine though.

Strange reason for a change of heart...do you guys mean the Big East news helped keep them around enough for him to not fully commit to us and then whatever they did for their final sales pitch obviously worked? Idk I'm rambling now. It's all a bunch of poopie.

True but if he was picking based on conference then it’d be a no brainer to come here considering the ACC is the best conference.
The kid is very close with his mom and brother. They could drive to Providence, St Johns, Storrs, Seton Hall and hell even GTown/Nova with relative ease. Just because the conference is better doesn’t make it the ultimate trump card

Strange reason for a change of heart...do you guys mean the Big East news helped keep them around enough for him to not fully commit to us and then whatever they did for their final sales pitch obviously worked? Idk I'm rambling now. It's all a bunch of poopie.
Maybe he wasn’t enamored with trips to Tulsa Tulane Houston etc.

the big East is a solid conference and largely within driving distance

It’s not like the other guys are doing much better and it’s up to the HC to close.

I do think you’re underrating Goodine though.

Oh I totally agree with you there. This certainly isn’t just on Gerry more the HC.

As for Goodine, I hope I’m wrong, but I just see him as a very nice player. If your the top 1-2 players in the class you better be a game changer if we want to compete at the top of the ACC

The facts are, Cuse vs Ucant. Syracuse has better coaching, Syracuse has better competition. Syracuse has better exposure. Syracuse has better fans attendance. Syracuse has better recent success. Syracuse has a better outlook moving foward. Literally all Uconn has is 4>1 and like I said before, I'd rather have a REAL football program, you know the kind that's won 16 Bowl games, and beaten a huge number of highly regarded schools over decades. Theres trophys named after our football players. Theres movies made about our football program. We are about to put 120 million into the dome. Yes, this hurts a little if true. But Ucant fans are delusional if they think I'd trade my teams for theirs. And the tiny boring state of Connecticut is overrated as hell. Upstate NY, and Syracuse in general is underrated. Theres so much to do in Upstate NY its ridiculous. Syracuse is 10 times more entertaining as a city, then their boring, little cow town. If they get a recruit over us fine, but they have lost the war, over and over, and over, when are they going to face reality?

I also think that Hurley being the main recruiter here for him played a huge part. It makes a kid feel great when the head coach is recruiting him. This was major factor
So its JB’s fault he didn’t match or improve upon the same love shown from Hurley?

I guess I don't understand - if this is a "done deal", as some who claim to be in the know are proclaiming, then why doesn't Jackson announce his commitment?

If its because JB didnt show enough love compared to Hurley then that's a bit frustrating. That cant happen.

This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU. However, Isiah Jackson Is loving SU and really really good chance he is orange. This isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound
now, that's a crystal ball i'll take seriously

1. This thing isn’t over yet
2. Everyone is trying to put a top on recruiting But the reality is you can’t. Recruiting is a monster and every kid, team, school, aau program, handler, etc is different, have different lives and needs and wants. This is why I don’t get worked up in recruiting as much.

So bulldog04 says Hurley being the main recruiter was a huge factor. As in JB fell a bit short here. (Moqui says he takes that crystal ball seriously so that must mean he trusts what bulldog04 says) then Rf2044 says that isnt remotely a reason as to why dre is choosing uconn. What is it folks? Everyone is all over the place with this!:rolleyes:

So bulldog04 says Hurley being the main recruiter was a huge factor. As in JB fell a bit short here. (Moqui says he takes that crystal ball seriously so that must mean he trusts what bulldog04 says) then Rf2044 says that isnt remotely a reason as to why dre is choosing uconn. What is it folks? Everyone is all over the place with this!:rolleyes:

FWIW, there's an 'ol adage; those who know don't talk, those that talk don't know. :)

Because nobody really knows anything for sure. Everyone is just following the pack. Which may be right, but I don't think it's done until he actually announces. That's just me

Oh I totally agree with you there. This certainly isn’t just on Gerry more the HC.

As for Goodine, I hope I’m wrong, but I just see him as a very nice player. If your the top 1-2 players in the class you better be a game changer if we want to compete at the top of the ACC

What is a very nice player?

I didnt think of this...actually makes more sense now because getting to games for his family to watch would be easier then if he played in the ACC.
Yep. There’s no doubt which conference is better. But if we play Duke on a Monday in Cameron or we’re in Chapel Hill Wednesday for UNC or at Louisville on a Tuesday - those are tougher trips than driving to Jersey or Rhode Island

The kid is very close with his mom and brother. They could drive to Providence, St Johns, Storrs, Seton Hall and hell even GTown/Nova with relative ease. Just because the conference is better doesn’t make it the ultimate trump card

Ding, ding, ding.

We’ve been the clear leader for a long time. The out of the way schools like UCLA and Iowa were really never a serious option. UConn was going back to the BE but it had to be negotiated when they could leave the AAC. It was going to be 2020, 21 or 22. On July 27 it was announced that UConn had reached agreement with the AAC for $17m to leave July 2020. Thus in the past two months, besides selling him a starting spot and a lot of PT which we couldn’t guarantee, it could be sold that they would have many more away conference games that his family could more likely attend than ACC away games.

Yep. There’s no doubt which conference is better. But if we play Duke on a Monday in Cameron or we’re in Chapel Hill Wednesday for UNC or at Louisville on a Tuesday - those are tougher trips than driving to Jersey or Rhode Island
This is about the only thing that makes sense right now. Especially if we had him up until the Big East move. When that happened his family realized how much easier it would be for them to get to games vs getting to games played against acc or aac opponents. But maybe this isnt it either? I do know one thing as a fact though...and that's I dont know jack shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom