Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate these kind of takes

First, there is no logical reason to choose UConn over Cuse? What about PT? What about him wanting to get of an area he’s lived his whole life and try something different? Maybe he liked the dorms better. Maybe hes closer friends with some UConn kids? Maybe he liked their staff more? Maybe he preferred their style of play and how’d they use him?

With statements like these we also seem to take the kids personal preferences out of it. We just think ACC > Big East and that’s enough

im sure JB and GMac exhausted all options. Sometimes you just don’t get kids no matter how long you’re on them and what you do.

give it a rest

Agree on specific situations like this, but we are recruiting like a program that will continue to go 9-9 in conference and get 10 seeds.

Could be as simple as he gets along better with the kids on uconns roster over ours even though he has a relationship with some of our guys from city rock days. These kids get to spend time around each other on these visits and they get a feel for how they fit in and such. There are so many factors that go into this decision it's not just black and white. Of course we all feel we shouldnt lose a recruit to the likes of uconn because of how we perceive their program at the moment but how we perceive them and how a 18yr old kid does are two different things. Maybe he sees a program on the verge of getting over the hump and he can help them get there. Who knows? At this point it is what it is.

Agree on specific situations like this, but we are recruiting like a program that will continue to go 9-9 in conference and get 10 seeds.

Impossible for the team to go 9-9.

Uhm, storz and cuse are about equidistant from home. The difference in distance is so small, its less than trivial.

I highly doubt a bag was involved. Lol.

PT or style of play could be a factor. Or maybe he just got along better with the uconn coaches. Who knows.
May have liked the campus better, as they are stark contrasts.

Could be as simple as he gets along better with the kids on uconns roster over ours even though he has a relationship with some of our guys from city rock days. These kids get to spend time around each other on these visits and they get a feel for how they fit in and such. There are so many factors that go into this decision it's not just black and white. Of course we all feel we shouldnt lose a recruit to the likes of uconn because of how we perceive their program at the moment but how we perceive them and how a 18yr old kid does are two different things. Maybe he sees a program on the verge of getting over the hump and he can help them get there. Who knows? At this point it is what it is.
Somehow people are missing my point that you made more clearly. Just because he didn’t come doesn’t mean it is Gerry’s fault.

I hate these kind of takes

First, there is no logical reason to choose UConn over Cuse? What about PT? What about him wanting to get of an area he’s lived his whole life and try something different? Maybe he liked the dorms better. Maybe hes closer friends with some UConn kids? Maybe he liked their staff more? Maybe he preferred their style of play and how’d they use him?

With statements like these we also seem to take the kids personal preferences out of it. We just think ACC > Big East and that’s enough

im sure JB and GMac exhausted all options. Sometimes you just don’t get kids no matter how long you’re on them and what you do.

give it a rest
You criticized my post and then basically made the same points I did.

Fair warning.

Any further posts not directly related to Andre Jackson will be deleted.

I do not like being the bad Dad, but there are posters here who don't get the rules of the recruiting board.

Teeth-gnashing about how we are going to go 0-31 without this or that particular recruit, scorching H0T Takes on how the HOF coach or asst coach is a bum and should be shown the door, etc. should be taken to the main page. Further posts such as these may result in the inability to post further in this thread.

It’s pathetic that fans don’t stay for the playing of the alma mater. But I guess for most of them it’s NOT their alms mater, just their football team. We always stay.
Somehow people are missing my point that you made more clearly. Just because he didn’t come doesn’t mean it is Gerry’s fault.

Absolutely not Gerry’s fault on this one. He has had a relationship with him since 8th grade or so. The other part people don’t know is AJ made several silent commitments to Gerry in July and August. Not shedding any bad light on AJ here in any way Bc that’s not the case. But AJ was nervous to fully commit Bc he was interested in UConn and wanted to see it allll the way through. This absolutely is not about Gerry and what he didn’t do so please don’t go there.

Fair warning.

Any further posts not directly related to Andre Jackson will be deleted.

I do not like being the bad Dad, but there are posters here who don't get the rules of the recruiting board.

Teeth-gnashing about how we are going to go 0-31 without this or that particular recruit, scorching H0T Takes on how the HOF coach or asst coach is a bum and should be shown the door, etc. should be taken to the main page. Further posts such as these may result in the inability to post further in this thread.
I guess we will give him yet another participation trophy for doing his best. Bottom line is this. He is losing these battles. Over and over again. I love Gerry the player. But let's face it, he's got more L's than W's as a recruiter.

Just perfection

I guess we will give him yet another participation trophy for doing his best. Bottom line is this. He is losing these battles. Over and over again. I love Gerry the player. But let's face it, he's got more L's than W's as a recruiter.

He was the primary recruiter for the one guy we have signed this year and two guys in last years class. Do some of you even pay attention?I don’t get all the blame for one coach?

Now back to Andre Jackson.

This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU. However, Isiah Jackson Is loving SU and really really good chance he is orange. This isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound

Same, unfortunately.

While PT may have been an issue, since nobody knows for sure what Eli will do next year, something happened almost 2 months ago to the day that I believe changed the course. Think.

While PT may have been an issue, since nobody knows for sure what Eli will do next year, something happened almost 2 months ago to the day that I believe changed the course. Think.

No offense, but these are the kind of cryptic messages that drive people crazy. I understand everything can’t be shared but this only fuels speculation.

Didn’t Hurley hire AJ’s AAU or high school coach?

He was the primary recruiter for the one guy we have signed this year and two guys in last years class. Do some of you even pay attention?I don’t get all the blame for one coach?

Now back to Andre Jackson.

I mean we have to sign some guys don’t we? I don’t think there is anything wrong with admitting he has really struggled to close on a lot of important recruits we have coveted the last several years . I actually don’t blame Gerry. It’s the program as a whole that has lost some shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom