Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I want the kid for next year but I just pray to god that this doesnt affect our Whitney/G recruiting. I know it shouldn't but stranger things have happened

I would call someone who is the State high jump champ more than “reasonably athletic”
I came away with the same impression from the tape, though. Didn't look very explosive, though I realize there's more to athleticism than that.

Just watched his vid - he looks very smooth from three range, he is long, not super explosive, but reasonably athletic.

Can anybody please tell me why the staff prioritized Golden over this kid in the first place ??
I'm not sure they did. Bazley bailed and it was scramble mode. Might have simply been he was the first to respond with interest.

One thing is clear, the staff wants another forward for next year.

Last edited:
So what happens if UMass wins this recruiting battle?

Asking for a friend.

There would not even be a board meltdown here. It will be silence, since everybody would simply go the hari kari route.

So what happens if UMass wins this recruiting battle?
Oh, nothing special. :)
45AB.gif

Just for depth purposes I would take this kid.
He is at worst a bench scholarship player and leaves before 4 years.

Plus I like the offense this kid could give.
Prediction: he signs with us. Oshae fouls out early in the second half of a tournament game against Kentucky. Braswell goes off for 26 points and we advance to the Final Four. Braswell declares for the NBA draft. We're in the same situation again next May.

I'm not sure they did. Bazley bailed and it was scramble mode. Might have simply been he was the first to respond with interest.

One thing is clear, the staff wants another forward for next year.

I will be the first to say I have only watched a couple of vids on each kid.

Have not seen whole games & certainly from vids it is hard to see the kid's whole game including D, passing, handle, etc. Maybe the staff sees something not apparent to me from my micro-sample of their games.

That being said, as i posted above, Bras looked at least as good to me as Golden in the vids that I did see. Maybe Golden is a little bit more advanced for 2018 contributions, but Bras looked to me like he had more upside, especially for our system. His three point shot looked very smooth, especially for a young big.

So, it comes back to the recruiting strategy of our staff. So often it looks serial to me. Why on earth would both kids not be prioritized equally on a first come first serve basis or even take both.

It certainly makes no sense, if what you are saying is correct, to have prioritized Golden simply because he might have been first to respond w interest.

It’s crazy that some are praising these developments when it should be standard operating procedure.
Almost as crazy as posters like you who criticize the staff, who are “following standard operating procedures” but for some reason you’re assuming they aren’t and blame them for being unaware/lazy?

I will be the first to say I have only watched a couple of vids on each kid.

Have not seen whole games & certainly from vids it is hard to see the kid's whole game including D, passing, handle, etc. Maybe the staff sees something not apparent to me from my micro-sample of their games.

That being said, as i posted above, Bras looked at least as good to me as Golden in the vids that I did see. Maybe Golden is a little bit more advanced for 2018 contributions, but Bras looked to me like he had more upside, especially for our system. His three point shot looked very smooth, especially for a young big.

So, it comes back to the recruiting strategy of our staff. So often it looks serial to me. Why on earth would both kids not be prioritized equally on a first come first serve basis or even take both.

It certainly makes no sense, if what you are saying is correct, to have prioritized Golden simply because he might have been first to respond w interest.

The classic skill vs upside take where we actually preferred the guy with the most skill for once maybe? Golden's brother put up big numbers at Richmond as a freshman last year...I hope Braswell pan's out. He fit's our profile, but often times our guys aren't skilled enough to produce a functional offense.

Prediction: he signs with us. Oshae fouls out early in the second half of a tournament game against Kentucky. Braswell goes off for 26 points and we advance to the Final Four. Braswell declares for the NBA draft. We're in the same situation again next May.
Its sad that this isnt even that over the top ridiculous

Remember the day Bazley decomitted and we had a few on here so adamant that we weren't going to try to add anyone else?

Fun times. People just love to panic.
Not quite. It was people with inside contacts that said the staff wasn't looking. It didn't make much sense but I believe the info was reliable.