Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

I trust Francis too. He was responding to my tweet to him. He didn't say Sid would be our target. He said he's close to Red and we've maintained contact with him. That's true.

Keep in mind, Sid's comments were when he was going '18.
Maybe it's all a smokescreen. Or maybe the coaches have something else planned. Or maybe it walks and talks like a duck, but it's not a duck.

Maybe it's all a smokescreen. Or maybe the coaches have something else planned. Or maybe it walks and talks like a duck, but it's not a duck.

That's possible. 100% possible. I'm just not sure our staff is that covert. It comes down to what needs JB feels we need filled.

That's possible. 100% possible. I'm just not sure our staff is that covert. It comes down to what needs JB feels we need filled.

I don't understand what you said about him not meeting what the staff has in mind? would you be able to elaborate on that??...i feel like if they are going after him very hard ( which it seems they are) wouldn't that seem to lend to the idea that he is what we want, he certainly resembles players we have had success with in the past, long athletic tough and attacks the rim

I don't understand what you said about him not meeting what the staff has in mind? would you be able to elaborate on that??...i feel like if they are going after him very hard ( which it seems they are) wouldn't that seem to lend to the idea that he is what we want, he certainly resembles players we have had success with in the past, long athletic tough and attacks the rim

Okay, how about this? Maybe the staff doesn't think he can help us in the backcourt? Do we have anyone to backup Tyus and/or be his heir apparent? We are going after Hughes for that, so it's obviously something the staff thinks is important.

Again, Francis and Sid never said the staff was on him hard for '17. I say Waters was right: we are not hitting up Sid for '17.

Okay, how about this? Maybe the staff doesn't think he can help us in the backcourt? Do we have anyone to backup Tyus and/or be his heir apparent? We are going after Hughes for that, so it's obviously something the staff thinks is important.

Again, Francis and Sid never said the staff was on him hard for '17. I say Waters was right: we are not hitting up Sid for '17.

ahhh ok i see what your saying, i did read that he said he was pretty sure he was going to go into 2017 and not in 18 so that would mean we are on him for 17 so i think thats kind of implied...i also agree he wont be of help regarding the backcourt situation, we should be looking at all options in order to get some help for next year, that along with finding shooting weather its a guard or at the 3 is paramount

ahhh ok i see what your saying, i did read that he said he was pretty sure he was going to go into 2017 and not in 18 so that would mean we are on him for 17 so i think thats kind of implied...i also agree he wont be of help regarding the backcourt situation, we should be looking at all options in order to get some help for next year, that along with finding shooting weather its a guard or at the 3 is paramount
I don't know if this will play out but I'm scared that JB was being literal when he said we want to add one guy. Scary but maybe we roll with a roster of 9.

If we were one of the teams recruiting him the hardest as an 18, it's tough to think we'd just say never mind as a 17. Kids a stud not a project or program guy.

I don't know if this will play out but I'm scared that JB was being literal when he said we want to add one guy. Scary but maybe we roll with a roster of 9.

yeh i think JB and the staff have a few things in the works that we might not know about, weather its a GT or adding an incoming freshman i think they have some semblance of a plan...i also believe that Hop leaving has lit a fire under JB, you see him on the road more and just seems to be more active than the past year or so, we know he is a very proud man and hates losing and you have to think he knows the next 3-5 years is going to be his swan song so maybe I'm a fool but I'm confident in him leading us back to where we want to be

Was worried about the same. Man, if that's the case I'd rather get extra ballhandling/PG help still.

Hoping the staffs more confident about Tucker than any of us are, and are now transitioning involvement with Sid to an '18 priority. Something to kick off the class.

Glass half full, glass half full.

Last edited:
Hoping the staffs more confident about Tucker than any of us are, and are now transitioning involvement with Sid to an '18 priority. Something to kick off the class.

Glass half full, glass half full.

Well, id hope the staff knows more than a bunch of pseudonyms on this board... jeez

Well, id hope the staff knows more than a bunch of pseudonyms on this board... jeez

Surprising number of people don't share that opinion.

Just read an article about why Wilson is considering Texas and Sid said he really likes Shaka. Smart because he is a really great coach and I feel like he REALLY CARES ABOUT ME. This young man just lost his mom recently and is devastated. Jim please show the love cause I know you feel it beneath that occasional grumpy exterior. Kid s a good kid

Just read an article about why Wilson is considering Texas and Sid said he really likes Shaka. Smart because he is a really great coach and I feel like he REALLY CARES ABOUT ME. This young man just lost his mom recently and is devastated. Jim please show the love cause I know you feel it beneath that occasional grumpy exterior. Kid s a good kid

Wow

Was not questioning how knowledgeable they are. Actually, wasn't questioning them at all. Just trusting that the staff has a reason to be a bit more confident than most are, regarding Tucker, which would explain potential shifting in involvement with sid from 2017 to 2018.

Was not questioning how knowledgeable they are. Actually, wasn't questioning them at all. Just trusting that the staff has a reason to be a bit more confident than most are, regarding Tucker, which would explain potential shifting in involvement with sid from 2017 to 2018.

There are some here that believe Tucker is going to SU. They simply posted much less than those that felt 50-50 or felt he was a G-Tech lean.

There are some here that believe Tucker is going to SU. They simply posted much less than those that felt 50-50 or felt he was a G-Tech lean.
Well I certainly find comfort in that, because I've seen little to convince me that this is much more than 50/50, 55/45 odds. I also find a shift in class recruiting regarding Wilson comforting.

Again, not asserting that I know more or even the equivalent of the some that you mentioned, and definitely nowhere near as much as the actual staff. I'm just going off of the articles I've read, social media, podcasts and the sources on here I've learned to see as credible.

Well I certainly find comfort in that, because I've seen little to convince me that this is much more than 50/50, 55/45 odds. I also find a shift in class recruiting regarding Wilson comforting.

Again, not asserting that I know more or even the equivalent of the some that you mentioned, and definitely nowhere near as much as the actual staff. I'm just going off of the articles I've read, social media, podcasts and the sources on here I've learned to see as credible.

Ask yourself this. Who would everyone expect to win an SU G-Tech recruiting battle? If you want to build interest you have to make it seem like G-Tech.

My opinion is that 50/50 odds just means the people dont know sheet. Anyone who predicts that is simply saying they dont know one way or another. Thats why its a dumb post to make. I think iommi kept saying 50/50 and although he seems like a nice guy and bleeds orange, its like bro, just admit you dont know nor have a scoop. I say that because ppl post their "gut" picks on here and it quickly turns into fact.

My opinion is that 50/50 odds just means the people dont know sheet. Anyone who predicts that is simply saying they dont know one way or another. Thats why its a dumb post to make. I think that guy iommi kept saying 50/50 and its like bro, just admit you dont know or have a scoop.
I think it's just acknowledging that we were heavy favorites, then spurned him for a period of time. That, paired with the fact that his family lives in Atlanta makes it a toss up in my opinion. I think you could just as easily be admitting you don't know any of the specifics by saying we're the favorites because we're Syracuse and they're Georgia Tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom