Class of 2017 - SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona

I know this is probably not the right mentality but it will be nice just to see a kid we have been after make a decision.

It's

SU targets a small group every year. They don't go crazy with offers. I think this year they offered a group of premier recruits who are being eyed by by some elite schools. Tough competition. Hopefully we start to land a few, but I get the sense they might have to start making other offers.

Not many guys left outside the top 50. Would have to go the Grad Transfer route I'd imagine. Maybe Randolph isn't/wasn't sold Battle will be a one and done.

Some of those same Zona insiders have been saying that Lonnie is AZ too. Maybe one, but I wouldn't think both.
It wouldn't surprise me. Zona has been playing in this end of the pool with recruiting for longer than Syracuse. SU seems to get a top-30 guy and then a couple in the 50-100 range. Zona, Duke, UK, KU, they are all involved every year with multiple top-30 guys. And they land them with whatever enticements they're handing out. It's admirable that SU is going after a monster class, but right now it ain't looking so hot.

The desert--specifically Tucson--seems to be seductive to many NE recruits. Nice weather, attractive co-eds, etc.

Unless you're a gila monster, scorpion, javelina, rattlesnake or roadrunner and like 105 degrees from Feb/March through Oct/Nov, you can't go outside during the day. Now the livable weather just so happens to correspond with hoop season, which is good for the Uni, but the other nine months of the year...fagettaboutit..

Unless you're a gila monster, scorpion, javelina, rattlesnake or roadrunner and like 105 degrees from Feb/March through Oct/Nov, you can't go outside during the day. Now the livable weather just so happens to correspond with hoop season, which is good for the Uni, but the other nine months of the year...fagettaboutit..
You NoCal guys are such snobs.

are we 100 percent certain this will be zona?
My Magic 8 Ball says, "It is decidedly so." So, that is pretty solid. I think our staff will have had to do quite a bit of work just to get him to even hold off on his announcement, at this point.

Having lived in Tucson - that's about right. I liked it for the first few weeks. After that, not so much. Except of course the Mexican food which was awesome.

Does the fact that Miller has done a great job at Arizona recruiting top tier classes, but completely underachieved in March, bother recruits at all? I don't get it.

Does the fact that Miller has done a great job at Arizona recruiting top tier classes, but completely underachieved in March, bother recruits at all? I don't get it.

It's crazy how Miller's maintained his East Coast recruiting connections. You would think they would be mostly focused on California/West Coast at this point, but they are national. We don't need a west coast power pillaging our territory.

Having lived in Tucson - that's about right. I liked it for the first few weeks. After that, not so much. Except of course the Mexican food which was awesome.
Sorry guy, the best Mexican food is here in New Mexico. Reason is that nowhere else do they do chilipeppers like we do. Heck, our State question is "Red or Green".

Syracuse has three final fours (including at title of course) since their last final four.

When Arizona made their last final four, Brandon Randolph was two.

That being said, I will never question a recruit choosing Arizona over Syracuse.

Syracuse has three final fours (including at title of course) since their last final four.

When Arizona made their last final four, Brandon Randolph was two.

That being said, I will never question a recruit choosing Arizona over Syracuse.
Thanks ken

Sorry guy, the best Mexican food is here in New Mexico. Reason is that nowhere else do they do chilipeppers like we do. Heck, our State question is "Red or Green".

Only correction I'll make is that New Mexico largely has its own cuisine, so I don't consider it Mexican Food, but New Mexican Food. Green chile is the bomb and you don't find it in traditional Mexican food.