Class of 2017 - SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona

All this talk on here about why Wake etc?? And they just landed a guy rated higher than Randolph lol. Wake certainly isn't chopped liver.
Did he explain why he chose Wake?
Edit: Ok, his announcement just says that he felt most "at home" there.

Last edited:
Yeah... and I think I recall a guy by the name of Julius Hodge who was more highly rated than a dude named Hakeem Warrick... how'd that play out?

Not sure I understand where you are going with this -- but I don't disagree that things turned out well with Warrick. The point is Wake Forest is a good program and can land good recruits, including recruits like Randolph that we are going after.

Not sure I understand where you are going with this -- but I don't disagree that things turned out well with Warrick. The point is Wake Forest is a good program and can land good recruits, including recruits like Randolph that we are going after.
They WERE a good program I don't disagree. But lost their coach tragically years back and went on to hire Dino who was terrible. Then sprinkle in Cuse, Ville, and ND into the ACC and you can pretty much kiss any relevancy in the ACC goodbye, sadly that's the way it goes. They have a lot of work ahead of them like our football program does. Kind of similar situations .

They WERE a good program I don't disagree. But lost their coach tragically years back and went on to hire Dino who was terrible. Then sprinkle in Cuse, Ville, and ND into the ACC and you can pretty much kiss any relevancy in the ACC goodbye, sadly that's the way it goes. They have a lot of work ahead of them like our football program does. Kind of similar situations .

I disagree to an extent (respectfully lol) --sure they have fallen on harder times, but there is no reason they cannot come back from "irrelevancy". They are still in the ACC, have a good infrastructure, have a great history of putting guys in the league and clearly they can land good recruits. The point is, people shouldn't be shocked if a recruit would pick Wake over other schools doing better than them now. It ws just funny to see people flip out just thinking of Randolph choosing Wake over the mighty Cuse -- and now they pick up a SG rated higher than Randolph lol.

Last edited:
The Mighty Cuse should get the better recruits over Wake. We have a better basketball program here. I don't believe we even went after Brown. I believe we were after higher SG , Diallo, Walker etc.

So Wake can out-recruit Kansas for highly rated recruits, but can't out-recruit Syracuse for less highly rated recruits.

So Wake can out-recruit Kansas for highly rated recruits, but can't out-recruit Syracuse for less highly rated recruits.

That is correct.

It looks like he either loved the AZ visit or it cleared his mind that SU was the choice.

Tom Green said:
It looks like he either loved the AZ visit or it cleared his mind that SU was the choice.

Yeah, timing doesn't feel right.

Hope the timing with his weekend visit to Arizona doesn't work against us.

They are our only competition. Ducks got their wing. To me, it's Syracuse. Quade is a near lock. Tells his good friend and PSA Cardinals teammate that's he's Cuse and Randolph says it's a go. Green and Randolph are thick as thieves. It's possible U of A blew him away but I'm trying to be glass half full.

Last edited: