Class of 2017 - SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona

Syracuse has three final fours (including at title of course) since their last final four.

When Arizona made their last final four, Brandon Randolph was two.

That being said, I will never question a recruit choosing Arizona over Syracuse.

Been to the campus. Honestly, I expected much more. The entire Tucson area did nothing for me. Yeah, warm weather. But so what.

Starting to feel like it's bottom of the 9th and just made a quick out and we're at the bottom of the batting order. :(

SU better hope that Battle is in it for a longer haul (ie. min. 2 yrs) otherwise, there will be a Grand Canyon-like hole in the line-up.

I do agree with what pearl31 just said. With Lydon & White, it could be difficult for Battle to shine. At times, the stage can get crowded. But, I refuse to set my hopes for an SU basketball player staying longer, as it rarely (ie. almost never) happens.

Starting to feel like it's bottom of the 9th and just made a quick out and we're at the bottom of the batting order. :(

I know that everyone is going to feel less unsettled once dominos start toppling, but in the words of Aaron Rodgers, RELAX. We aren't anywhere near the bottom of the 9th, and we're in solid shape.

And yes, Randolph is a loss.

SU better hope that Battle is in it for a longer haul (ie. min. 2 yrs) otherwise, there will be a Grand Canyon-like hole in the line-up.

I do agree with what pearl31 just said. With Lydon & White, it could be difficult for Battle to shine. At times, the stage can get crowded. But, I refuse to set my hopes for an SU basketball player staying longer, as it rarely (ie. almost never) happens.

SU absolutely wants Battle to excel this year and then go pro! A top draft pick type talent can push us over the top. Trust me, if we show up in back to back final fours (3 out of the last 4 we were eligible for) we are going to be able to land some really good recruits, and on top of that, Syracuse would be looking to sign next year's version of Andrew White even if we did land Randolph. You don't want a freshman as your only two guard option.

I know that everyone is going to feel less unsettled once dominos start toppling, but in the words of Aaron Rodgers, RELAX. We aren't anywhere near the bottom of the 9th, and we're in solid shape.

We may have as many as 7 scholarships to offer in this class. It was never going to be an all-freshmen class. It's going to be an odd collection of players, including freshmen, transfers and projects.

We may have as many as 7 scholarships to offer in this class. It was never going to be an all-freshmen class. It's going to be an odd collection of players, including freshmen, transfers and projects.

Agree 100%.

It's Zona.
840439576.gif

Thanks RF... I needed that ;)

It's crazy how Miller's maintained his East Coast recruiting connections. You would think they would be mostly focused on California/West Coast at this point, but they are national. We don't need a west coast power pillaging our territory.

Not nearly as many top-rated LA recruits right now and Oregon is taking away some of the area's better players. Miller has an east coast vibe and AZ rules the Pac 12 most years but that's not saying much. What gets me is Tucson really is in the middle of nowhere, the league isn't on the same level as the ACC and doesn't get near the same amount of pub or exposure even out here on the left coast. Go figure.

Every so often I go over to Stanford or Cal when AZ comes to NoCal - they travel fairly well (nothing like us), showing up in buses from their retirement communities, wearing their red polo shirts, carrying their lawn chairs and chanting U-of-A all freaking game long. Drives you nuts.