Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

As an Auburn Alum and BBall fan, I would love to see Westry end up with us. Knee surgery pretty much put him out for the year, so I’m personally not taking much stock in his shooting numbers this past year. He would be a great 2/3 to have

The recruiting for Westry went a bit dark the last time. I don't know if we want to
go down that road again. Remember, it came down to LSU and Auburn. There is
a reason for that.
There was one weekend that we were all waiting for Westry to commit when he was up at Cuse. Then the whole thing seem to go haywire, and there were rumors that the family wanted to cash out more than the kid did. Maybe he got his bag that the family wanted but wasn’t happy and now he’s thinking for himself a little bit.

We are already going down the road
If the family reached out to SU, it would seem that they have a fairly good chance of getting a commitment. Certainly a lot more probable than Moore who will be one of the most sought after transfers in the portal.

Why? If he was recruited to play one style of basketball and doesn't fit the new style, wish him well and we'll find others to replace him.

I like his game but unless he's content with being a 10-15 minute a game shooter off the bench I'm not sure he'd want to stick around
Ya but you got to have someone who can shoot the rock and JJ & Wesley didn’t set the world on fire. And as him playing one style how do we know if he can play others until the team starts playing others.

Let's get Kamari Lands to commit. He can play center.
Gosh, that would be a big mistake if you think a 6‘7” - 6’8” poor rebounder (1.9 rbs/game) can be our center. He is no Jeremy O’Neal. Syracuse needs to stay far away from Kamari Lands.

The recruiting for Westry went a bit dark the last time. I don't know if we want to
go down that road again. Remember, it came down to LSU and Auburn. There is
a reason for that.
While I really like Westry, I agree with this statement.

If the family reached out to SU, it would seem that they have a fairly good chance of getting a commitment. Certainly a lot more probable than Moore who will be one of the most sought after transfers in the portal.
Let’s not jump to conclusions. We now have a very deep connection with Moore officially on staff.

If Moore enters the portal, I would put good odds on him coming to SU.

Bell coming back makes this interesting too. If we are aggressive with Westry to me that signals that Taylor is gone

If Moore enters the portal, I imagine he’ll know exactly where he’s going.
Yeah, there's a reason rumors are leaking. He's probably setting it up now, and if he finds something he likes, he'll portal and go. If he doesn't he'll stay and say they were just rumors. JJ did the same.