Class of 2017 - SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon

He's here again? Chances he leaves without us getting a commitment?

He's here again? Chances he leaves without us getting a commitment?

We've been here before, with kids coming here multiple times and not committing. I think we have to like our chances here. The thing is: I really want to lock him down because he's starting to blow up. It's very important we get a commitment ASAP.

Great game, great environment. He had to notice what we let our guards do when they're good enough: we give them the ball and let them make plays. Hopefully he has a great time on Marshall St. tonight.

All quiet on the Duarte front. The kid hasn't tweeted since December, so doesn't mean much. Guess this will play out for a while. :(

Great game, great environment. He had to notice what we let our guards do when they're good enough: we give them the ball and let them make plays. Hopefully he has a great time on Marshall St. tonight.

Wait, wasnt that similar to what made Boeheim give Jordan Tucker the shaft?

(This should be on my Syracusefan Greatest hits album, with Blundered Presser, Buy By Keita!, etc)

Boeheim: "Why that Jordan Tucker is one bad mother..."

Me: "Shut yo mouth!"

Boeheim: "Just talkin bout Jordan Tucker!"

Me: "we can dig it"

(I fast forwarded it to the lyrics for any who can appreciate this all time masterpiece! For now you have to imagine me karaokeing in my lyrics, which Im actually considering doing for you at some point!)

Might want to talk to his parents.
Fingers crossed on that. I think that the coaches were surprised that he didn't pull the trigger. Was hoping that we might see some news yesterday, for the reason you specified.

The thread title may not have been updated; but we have clearly offered him, no?

Fingers crossed on that. I think that the coaches were surprised that he didn't pull the trigger. Was hoping that we might see some news yesterday, for the reason you specified.
He did have a game yesterday, FWIW.

Wait, was Duarte definitely at the Dome for the UVA game on Saturday?

Read a recent article that said him and his camp were going to take their time and not rush into any decision...

Read a recent article that said him and his camp were going to take their time and not rush into any decision...

Bad news for us if true. Needed to lock this kid down.

What is going on with our guard recruiting? You'd think that any guard with talent would be chomping at the bit to come here, given the bountiful PT that will be available next year. Is there really a better option out there available to this kid than us, in terms of both scale of program / opportunity?

It's like we're congenitally incapable of landing guards lately.

Last edited:
Yes he was sitting in the first row of the bleachers with a light blue hat on. He seemed to be on his phone a lot but definitely looked like he was having a good time.