Class of 2024 - SG Ian Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Ian Jackson (NY) Offered

And in theory, couldn't you use your 1 time free transfer rule to "break" and NLI?
No, you don’t need to transfer if youre not enrolled in the school. You can get out of your NLI if you’re not enrolled.

I love Pitino as a coach but everything else about him is slimy and disgusting.
I don't think there's anything slimy here. Jackson and his family have been doing NIL since 2021. It became the talk of the town when the New York Post covered it. Opened some eyes for sure. Pitino knows what he has to do to get him to Queens for one to two years at minimum.

I don't think there's anything slimy here. Jackson and his family have been doing NIL since 2021. It became the talk of the town when the New York Post covered it. Opened some eyes for sure. Pitino knows what he has to do to get him to Queens for one to two years at minimum.
I don't trust Pitino, but you are 100% correct. It's Shootout at the OK Corral time and Pitino is coming with both guns blazing. Some coaches are built for 2023 CBB, between transfers and NIL, and Pitino is in a perfect situation to stock his roster.

Best case scenario is that St. John's underperforms this season.

Hmm.. so it's anything goes. I see why a guy like Jay Wright bailed. I hope Coach A will step up and not be afraid to get his hands dirty so that we can compete in this new Wild West.

I love Pitino as a coach but everything else about him is slimy and disgusting.
meh. If we had a coach flipping guys like Simeon Wilcher and Ian Jackson to Cuse i'd be ecstatic. What i hate about it is that our "brand" is so much bigger than St. Johns and in the NIL wild west era we're not pulling off moves this big. I love Elijah Moore and Donnie Freeman's potential, don't get me wrong, but for the most part we're still swinging and missing on the TOP TOP guys. Ian Jackson is real deal, top 10 player.

meh. If we had a coach flipping guys like Simeon Wilcher and Ian Jackson to Cuse i'd be ecstatic. What i hate about it is that our "brand" is so much bigger than St. Johns and in the NIL wild west era we're not pulling off moves this big. I love Elijah Moore and Donnie Freeman's potential, don't get me wrong, but for the most part we're still swinging and missing on the TOP TOP guys. Ian Jackson is real deal, top 10 player.
If we had gone after Pitino as head coach, we’d easily be preseason top 25. The guy is a master at turning programs around and is one of the best college coaches and teachers of the game ever. Ask JB. He certainly believes so. Btw, how did SJU hold onto Soriano but we couldn’t hold onto Jesse?

If we had gone after Pitino as head coach, we’d easily be preseason top 25. The guy is a master at turning programs around and is one of the best college coaches and teachers of the game ever. Ask JB. He certainly believes so. Btw, how did SJU hold onto Soriano but we couldn’t hold onto Jesse?

St Johns has a billionaire booster (Vitamin Water founder) so NIL isn’t as big of an issue.

Freeman is ranked considerably higher than Wilcher.

You've really been on one lately. Can Red coach a game before we start complaining.

Yeah, Donnie is really been killing it. And, Wilcher dropped like a rock. I wonder why?
His numbers either went down or stayed the same his SR season at Roselle Catholic. I think he's an example of other players catching up to him when he was an early bloomer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom