Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Only nugget here is 'speeding up' his timeline for a decision; had previously targeted January so he could watch style of play into the season. Could be nothing, but something to keep an eye on, such as visiting a school twice and just "know"
Has he been to Syracuse previously? Or is this hinting you think he might commit elsewhere?

Only nugget here is 'speeding up' his timeline for a decision; had previously targeted January so he could watch style of play into the season. Could be nothing, but something to keep an eye on, such as visiting a school twice and just "know"
I'm guessing leaving the Kansas visit he has a very good idea of what he wants, although Miami could change his mind.

This is going to get tough but that’s what’s expected when dealing with this type of recruit. Self getting 38 players into the league was a big thing to him obviously. It’s just so important to get guys into the nba in a college program these days. Really hope red can create that for guys

This is going to get tough but that’s what’s expected when dealing with this type of recruit. Self getting 38 players into the league was a big thing to him obviously. It’s just so important to get guys into the nba in a college program these days. Really hope red can create that for guys
Have you heard anything about him leaning towards Kansas now or is that a general remark based on his comments in the article?

Have you heard anything about him leaning towards Kansas now or is that a general remark based on his comments in the article?
I've talked to multiple recruiting analysts of late, and they all seem to feel that Kansas is pushing toward the top, along with SU. Not sure about Miami. I could see this coming down to Kansas and SU for sure...

Kansas "gets guys to the NBA" because they are able to recruit more talented players out
of high school. I don't think Self or the Kansas program does any more in developing talent than the majority of other major college programs. Kids are more attracted to the Kansas, Kentucky, Duke type programs because they have the history of on court success and a fanatical fan base. Along with deeper pockets ($$) this can be a game changer.

Kansas is obviously biggest threat and has been. The hope was he would go there and think Kansas is “in the sticks” and it would turn him off But that didn’t happen. This will be big battle. Im
Not worried about Miami. Call me crazy but I don’t think Miami is in play from what I’ve heard

We have two big things going for us. We want him to be the main guy and we get the last visit(not counting Alabama). Kansas wants him to play off the ball.
Well said. Just gotta see how NIL factors in...

Kansas "gets guys to the NBA" because they are able to recruit more talented players out
of high school. I don't think Self or the Kansas program does any more in developing talent than the majority of other major college programs. Kids are more attracted to the Kansas, Kentucky, Duke type programs because they have the history of on court success and a fanatical fan base. Along with deeper pockets ($$) this can be a game changer.
If you're looking at programs with track records of developing players into NBA guys, just point at Buddy getting a two way.

Nobody even thought he was worth a scholarship other than the staff.

If you're looking at programs with track records of developing players into NBA guys, just point at Buddy getting a two way.

Nobody even thought he was worth a scholarship other than the staff.
The issue is we don’t have anyone active in the NBA, we only have 2 guys on NBA rosters for next year.

I don’t think saying we got a kid on a 2-way who is almost out of the NBA is going to resonate with any recruit. How Judah and JJ perform this year will be key.

The issue is we don’t have anyone active in the NBA, we only have 2 guys on NBA rosters for next year.

I don’t think saying we got a kid on a 2-way who is almost out of the NBA is going to resonate with any recruit. How Judah and JJ perform this year will be key.
I am confused by your first sentence. Please clarify…

I think Jerami Grant would disagree that we don’t have anyone active in the NBA. I think MCW is still active too.

Exactly. This whole thing about a program "getting" a player into the nba is largely ridiculous. That's what Kentucky preaches as well. The only case where I believe this holds any weight is when a player comes to a program NOT highly regarded and the program helps develop the kid, and he makes the nba.

Exactly. This whole thing about a program "getting" a player into the nba is largely ridiculous. That's what Kentucky preaches as well. The only case where I believe this holds any weight is when a player comes to a program NOT highly regarded and the program helps develop the kid, and he makes the nba.
It's not ridiculous in the eyes of recruits and that's all that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom