Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

100 pct with you on this. Just strike while the iron is hot. He blew up over this past year. Take the best offer and run with it.

Exactly. He'll get a bag at any place he goes, but at least with Ignite, it's much more guaranteed than whatever he'll assume to get from a college (again, initial rough estimates are putting NIL realizations much lower than what is reported).

So he'll get paid. That's not a question. Then it's where he's going to get slotted in in the lottery. Barring something bizarre happening, Flagg will have the first pick locked up in 2025. But then it's on like donkey kong for every pick after that.

Screenshot_20230911_121337_Chrome.jpg

This is Miami this year. No idea where some of the pre season juice is coming from. Not to mention how they think they will have some monster team to put around Jalil. For his sake choose Kansas or ignite.

These kids always say how the money isn't a factor, until it's in front of them. I almost wish they would just say it up front instead of playing the "I want to play where I feel at home" card.
Kind of like the LIV golf guys bending over backwards to justify their move. Just say they offered money that you would have to be stupid to turn down and most people won't hold it against you.

That’s wild. I’m truly in shock. Has to be huge NIL money. There’s no other explanation
It’s amazing that mediocre Jim Larranaga can somehow recruit to backwater Miami at his advanced age and JB couldn’t? I never really understood why JB didn’t adapt quicker after that first probation. Hopefully a Cuse booster can step in with a massive NIL deal here to save the day.

View attachment 231044

This is Miami this year. No idea where some of the pre season juice is coming from. Not to mention how they think they will have some monster team to put around Jalil. For his sake choose Kansas or ignite.
many of the analysts all just go with who has been good the past few years. I guess they forgot all about Miami’s back to back terrible years with losing records before that. Everyone was speculating that old man Larranaga was gonna hang it up.

Bethea is ours if he stayed in the 20 to 30 range. Once he jumped into the top 5, I knew we were in trouble. Miami doesn't make sense unless they are offering the most money. If I go into Spock mode, I understand Kansas or a team like Ignite that can offer so much more.

It’s amazing that mediocre Jim Larranaga can somehow recruit to backwater Miami at his advanced age and JB couldn’t? I never really understood why JB didn’t adapt quicker after that first probation. Hopefully a Cuse booster can step in with a massive NIL deal.
They had/have a pretty substantial amount of money for NIL at cuse. I’m assuming Miami went well beyond that for him to have a complete change of heart this quickly like it’s trending

They had/have a pretty substantial amount of money for NIL at cuse. I’m assuming Miami went well beyond that for him to have a complete change of heart this quickly like it’s trending
I think there’s a lot of discounting of Klutch Sports and AAU organizations here pushing kids to certain schools. I’m not sure this is exactly a booster that’s delivering the goods for Miami.

I think there’s a lot of discounting of Klutch Sports and AAU organizations here pushing kids to certain schools. I’m not sure this is exactly a booster that’s delivering the goods for Miami.

Good point. The number of kids switching schools too - the quid pro quo ongoing now is on steroids as NIL is out in the open.

you haven't been here long. You don't know my history. And you may not have noticed once again, the guy you cited was wrong about what he said.
Have you heard anything on your end? Possibly a last minute NIL scramble?

What’s Klutch Sports connection to Miami?

It’s amazing that mediocre Jim Larranaga can somehow recruit to backwater Miami at his advanced age and JB couldn’t? I never really understood why JB didn’t adapt quicker after that first probation. Hopefully a Cuse booster can step in with a massive NIL deal here to save the day.
In defense of JB, which is rare for me, with all the under the table deals and illegal money thrown around before NIL, and the unfair SU probation while obvious select programs went unscathed, recruiting became difficult. With an NCAA watchful eye on us, we couldn't go "the extra mile" to secure the Quade Green, Jordan Tucker etc. If Bethea really wants to wear SU orange and money is the only obstacle, this is a situation where we can prove that we can step up and compete in the NIL arena.

This - in the same way it 'helps' SU when a kid signs with Roc Nation...

What’s Klutch Sports connection to Miami?
Not sure in general. I’m spitballing and reading between the lines here, but DJ Irving is an assistant who coached at Team Final who also has Philly ties like Bethea and also coached Lonnie Walker. It’s really not any different how we got Freeman to sign with us due to Straughn.

FWIW, just traded messages with a national analyst at one of the primary recruiting services ... simply passing along what he said: He thinks it's down to Kansas and Miami.
That actually isn't the worst news. It means he hasn't decided yet. That would mean there is still room for us to make a move. We need that next visit.

That actually isn't the worst news. It means he hasn't decided yet. That would mean there is still room for us to make a move. We need that next visit.
I agree, my friend. Gotta have the visit, though, as you said.

I wonder what the staffs pivot would be if he isn’t Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom