Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Kiyan was offered by Arizona State yesterday.
IMG_9961.gif

No doubt. Years ago, I did a road trip with some buddies to check out an ASU football game. The scenery, in all its forms, was nice.
ASU alum here. Fun place to visit for sure, but every institution has similar, uh... opportunities. Especially for a D1 athlete. Granted, they are much more visible at ASU.

I just attended a webinar hosted by AD Wildhack and Coach Autry titled “The Current and Future State of College Athletics and the Impact at SU”.

One attendee asked if Kiyan could wear #15 if he committed to SU. Red chuckled and said Kiyan could wear any number he wanted if he came to Cuse. While Kiyan seems to like wearing 7, Red didn’t think Carmelo would have any issue with his son wearing #15. Red was going to watch Kiyan play on Friday.

Kiyans recruitment is big for a number of reasons outside of his talents, but I think the biggest is NIL. That 2025 tourney where we start getting 1 million in NIL combined with the boosted resources (Melo and his business connections) that having Kiyan in the fold adds could start allowing us to go after the really big fish in the portal. I can also see Kiyans commitment getting boosters excited and more willing to drop some money. All this hinders on progress next year and not a step backwards though so lets hope Red is right about the portal adds that he is high on.

If Kiyan commits to SU it means the program under Red has Melo’s endorsement. That’s a huge deal.
Melo reps Syracuse as good as any former athlete alum as is, so not worried about any Red endorsement.

But I’m nervous for everybody if Kiyan comes here. To be compared to the best FR performance in school history and possibly all of NCAA basketball and pro HOFer brings sick pressure. This message board will be nuclear when he is not an immediate stud.

But the play for Red is clear. ‘Look, no other coach know your situation like I do. I replaced a legend at this school but doing things my way. You make your own choice, but I am well aware what you’ll face here or anywhere and I’d love us both to be in it together.”

Melo reps Syracuse as good as any former athlete alum as is, so not worried about any Red endorsement.

Sure, Melo has been a great supporter of the program in every way. He loves Syracuse as a former player, his memories of his time here and as a fan, but that’s supporting the program. Endorsing the program on the absolute highest level is sending your son to play for the new coach whose replacing a legend. I see those two different things.

Sure, Melo has been a great supporter of the program in every way. He loves Syracuse as a former player, his memories of his time here and as a fan, but that’s supporting the program. Endorsing the program on the absolute highest level is sending your son to play for the new coach whose replacing a legend. I see those two different things.
Melo pimps Syracuse pretty much every chance he gets. Its at a point where you’re going to have to pay him big bucks to not endorse the program. If and when Kiyan comes here I think the choice is going to be all his. Other than that we are mostly on the same page brother.

But I’m nervous for everybody if Kiyan comes here. To be compared to the best FR performance in school history and possibly all of NCAA basketball and pro HOFer brings sick pressure. This message board will be nuclear when he is not an immediate stud.

But the play for Red is clear. ‘Look, no other coach know your situation like I do. I replaced a legend at this school but doing things my way. You make your own choice, but I am well aware what you’ll face here or anywhere and I’d love us both to be in it together.”
That is the reason I wouldn't want him to come here, the fans right or wrong would expect too much of him.
He isn't his father, but that's what people would expect.