Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't think the Randolph to Zona commit eliminates Walker to Zona. Many think it will, but like I said last night the UA insiders are pretty confident Lonnie is theirs.. just as they were very confident on landing Randolph. Hope they are wrong! Lonnie would be a huge get for us... HUGE! Side note... I bet Randolph doesn't even crack the starting lineup in Arizona.

I like Walker a lot as well. The reality is that he could stay home and go to Nova or go to UK or Zona. If all 3 of those things some how don't happen I like our chances. To summarize I don't like our chances.

Have you any insight on any JC kids we might consider to plug in for a couple of years Francis?
It's been a minute since we went the JC route. The only guy that I can think of who would be a fit is Jared Wilson-Frame. JWF played with Moustapha Diagne last season and is from Connecticut. He's a 6'5 sniper that averaged around 15 PPG and shot 37% from 3. NC State and Pitt have shown recent interest.
NJCAA

Unfortunately, I don't think the Randolph to Zona commit eliminates Walker to Zona. Many think it will, but like I said last night the UA insiders are pretty confident Lonnie is theirs.. just as they were very confident on landing Randolph. Hope they are wrong! Lonnie would be a huge get for us... HUGE! Side note... I bet Randolph doesn't even crack the starting lineup in Arizona.

Another espn insider recruiting article today still predicts Walker will end up at Zona along with Randolph.

Another espn insider recruiting article today still predicts Walker will end up at Zona along with Randolph.

not-fair-jack-shepard-meme-generator-but-it-s-not-fair-b1d13d.jpg

Yuck...UK insiders are saying the same thing...Walker to AZ is basically done

Saw that, but was written before Randolph committed...2 days ago.

Was from 11:15 this morning. That's why I made sure to put "today" because it was a new one and not the one I posted in one of the other threads previously.

I'd be shocked if he went there after they got Randolph. Arizona has 10 scholarship players including 3 point guards on the roster for next year and 5 wings projected for next year. Even if Simmons AND Atkins went pro that's still 6 guys for the 1-3 positions.

completely agree on this. Putting my obvious cuse bias aside, if I saw a big time school had SIGNIFICANT playing time and I could move right in with pretty much no competition, I would be all over it

completely agree on this. Putting my obvious cuse bias aside, if I saw a big time school had SIGNIFICANT playing time and I could move right in with pretty much no competition, I would be all over it
The move makes no sense for Walker and if the continue to pursue I wonder if Randolph changes his mind.

The move makes no sense for Walker and if the continue to pursue I wonder if Randolph changes his mind.
I mean, Lonnie is an elite level talent, and I'm sure he views himself as such. I don't doubt that he thinks he can beat out anyone on their roster, while using the competition to up his game. Also, early PT isn't the only reason to choose to attend a school; lots of other factors why he could choose Zona over us (hoping he doesn't!)

Ira Lee (6'7" Forward) to Arizona. Not sure if this helps us or not.
Edit: Ok, he is listed as a PF and at 6'8" on another site. So, doesn't help us at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.