Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richardson and Myles Powell lead the way with 13 points apiece as TC torches West Windsor North 70-25. A ton of the TC roster played so I wouldn't be surprised if they rested some of the starters.

This was the opening round of the Mercer County sectional tournament. Go Malachi!

When was the last time we had a 6-6 SG? Only tall guy I can remember out front of the zone was MCW.

When was the last time we had a 6-6 SG? Only tall guy I can remember out front of the zone was MCW.

While not 6'6" I feel like we always have a tall guard up top each year. Edelin, Pace, Devo, Rautins, Triche, Waiters, MCW, Gbinije, and even Cooney are all 6'4" or greater. The only exception in the last 10 years is Ennis, Scoop, Flynn, & GMAC with Flynn being the only one close to 6'.

Not putting up very impressive numbers for a 5 star recruit. I know he is coming off an injury but it has been a couple weeks.

Not putting up very impressive numbers for a 5 star recruit. I know he is coming off an injury but it has been a couple weeks.
He has been scoring in the 20's and 30's throughout the season. Last few weeks they have been in a couple of blowouts where I'm sure he came out early, and then he put up 12 and 14 against St. Anthony's and St. Benedict's. Those aren't schools where you're going to put up huge numbers against. He'll play alongside Tyus Battle this spring/summer in AAU on Team Final, which should be interesting and fun. Malachi led Team Final in scoring last year in the EYBL playing alongside JaQuan Newton, who is also a big time scorer as well.

Trenton Catholic defeats Trenton 60-59 in the Mercer county semifinals. Richardson had 12 points, 9 rebounds at the half. More stats to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
14361221-mmmain.jpg

Eckel: Richardson helped lead TCA into championship

ath-facilities-alumnigym1.jpg

The game was moved to Rider and is sold out.

Any one know what the capacity is?

In the write up about the arena it says that Rider usually sells out, the largest turnout this year was 1650.

Malachi Richardson and Trey Lowe headline MCT boys basketball final

Last edited:
http://www..com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=TT&Date=20140301&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=301009996&Ref=PH&Item=1&NewTbl=1

Ewing's Trey Lowe, left, defends cousin and TCA junior Malachi Richardson on Saturday in the MCT final. (For The / JOHN BLAINE)

"The Syracuse-bound Richardson came out firing on all cylinders, scoring 15 points in an electric first quarter that saw the Iron Mikes (19-5) jump out to an early lead in what turned out to be a wire-to-wire victory.

“That was a statement quarter,” Richardson said. “I knew coming into this it was me vs. Trey, and I had to make it known that I’m the best one in Mercer County and I want to be the best one in the state.”

Malachi Richardson, TCA get better of Ewing in MCT final

Trenton Catholic too much for Ewing in MCT boys' basketball final

Trenton Catholic runs scheduling gauntlet to MCA title in front of 2500

Last edited:
Just to add to OE's post, Richardson ended up with 27, hitting 5 treys. They win their county's tournament (chip, chip). And now onto the Non-Public South B tournament which Roberson and RC won last year en route to the TOC win.

Trenton Catholic is the 1 seed, RC is a 4 seed and GSB is the 6 seed. Have to figure that TC, RC and Patrick School are the favorites in this next leg. Another nice to have link here: brackets, NJ rankings among other meta data.

Just to add to OE's post, Richardson ended up with 27, hitting 5 treys. They win their county's tournament (chip, chip). And now onto the Non-Public South B tournament which Roberson and RC won last year en route to the TOC win.

Trenton Catholic is the 1 seed, RC is a 4 seed and GSB is the 6 seed. Have to figure that TC, RC and Patrick School are the favorites in this next leg. Another nice to have link here: brackets, NJ rankings among other meta data.
Thanks for the links King Tee. Love to see that once again Malachi shoots lights out in a championship game. I say 27pts is 5 star worthy no?;)
Crazy how much heat his coach says Malachi gets despite putting up good numbers this season. He said after Malachi had 18pts and 17rbs that people were saying that he isn't that good lol like really? give me somebody on the SU roster right now that could give us 18 and 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom