Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Maybe they were. Maybe they weren't. You basically said you like their talent eval ability better than ours and now we're on the same guy that we've been on for 2-3 years...our talent eval is just fine.

Chinoso
Buss
Howard
Johnson
Joseph
Roberson

That shizz would be all over twitter

Giving him his opportunity to announce. Just like we were doing or like gt would do. Who knows hopefully we have a shot still but I'm not feeling it. It's what he's wanted all along, I doubt he passes on it unless he's smart and talks it over with his inner circle and realizes the opportunity and playing time available here and decides on that. But from his 2nd option tweet it sounds like he's confident in himself to be able to get the minutes he desires anywhere he goes. And that feels like he wants duke.

Gimme a break. How many studs in that same period? You going to point out Dukes whiffs?

They can afford to make mistakes, we can't because we don't have the horses to make up for our failures.

That basically sums up how I feel. Obviously, Duke is Duke -- so I understand the prestige of that offer and the compulsion to go there. But to lose him after one day?

If we don't land Tucker, it is going to be tough for the pollyannas to rationalize that everything is fine and that the state of our recruiting isn't anything to be concerned about. ESPECIALLY since we have a starting spot, 35+ minutes of PT per game, and a prominent role in the offense to offer to a kid with Tucker's capabilities.
What does it matter if it's one day, one week or one month? Duke is Duke. Either you get it or you don't.

Duke needs to lose its "NBA Factory" appeal for potential one and dones real quick.

You want to go to a loaded Kentucky squad and be depth? Whatever, you'll still play and might end up earning more minutes as the season goes on to showcase yourself.

You want to go to a "loaded" Duke and be depth? Good luck with that. We'll see you on the transfer market in a year or two.

Duke needs to lose its "NBA Factory" appeal for potential one and dones real quick.

You want to go to a loaded Kentucky squad and be depth? Whatever, you'll still play and might end up earning more minutes as the season goes on to showcase yourself.

You want to go to a "loaded" Duke and be depth? Good luck with that. We'll see you on the transfer market in a year or two.

You would think the child of an agent would be able to figure this out, but here we are.

The only conclusions i'm seeing in this thread:
• If a kid chooses dook, it's because he wants to play in an elite program, for a great coach, and to challenge and improve himself by playing with and against top talent.
• If a kid chooses kentucky, it's because he was paid to do so.

re: Tucker —
He would be an important 'get.' He'd play a lot of minutes at an important position, in front of a lot of people. Not being able to lock up a kid from our 'neighborhood,' with a history of favoring our program, who isn't even a top 30 player? That's a sad indictment on the state of our program. Being a fish in the wrong pond hurts us. Being a league average/.500 team for three years hurts us. JB's ambigu-status hurts us. We really are at a crossroads.

That all said, I kinda like Sid. I like Eurokid. And someone on the grad trans market is going to be compelling. If we do or don't get Tucker, i don't think we're going to be transformed significantly versus whoever we do get. But, it's significant going forward. Not getting him continues a downward trend. Getting him signals an uptick. Somehow.

Kinda tired, though, of hearing how this is the fault of the staff. This guy doesn't seem like the kind of guy who believes in 'forgoing options.' He was going to work the system and play with any toy that creeped into his sandbox.

I still don't know what happened during his early visit (PM me?), but unless he recognized it fully as his fault and was remorseful, i can't see our suddenly renewed interest in him as being a non-grudgeworthy matter.

Is it possible that these new age basketball players that are all about flash, fashion, and attention are not that interested in playing for an old curmudgeon that roast his players to the media and hates when they leave early.
He plays a strict 2-3 zone no matter what. Players are constantly in his dog house. Unless you are his favorites you will be benched at any small mistake.
It sucks to hear but it is the truth. The name Syracuse still has some prestige obviously and I am sure playing for Boeheim still holds weight to some. But if we wanted to get back into the top recruits race we should have hired a new coach.

What does it matter if it's one day, one week or one month? Duke is Duke. Either you get it or you don't.

It matters if we received a verbal commitment from the kid, as Dasher has suggested.

With that context, yes -- it is discouraging that we could get a commitment, only to have a team that has had zero involvement with our commit to date come in and steal him after one phone call.

That's why it matters.

It matters if we received a verbal commitment from the kid, as Dasher has suggested.

With that context, yes -- it is discouraging that we could get a commitment, only to have a team that has had zero involvement with our commit to date come in and steal him after one phone call.

That's why it matters.
Then you're being disingenuous when you say you understand that it's Duke.

If a kid says he's going to come and doesn't sign or announce then it's 100% on the staff for not closing the deal. If this is true it sounds exactly like the Quade situation.
We have no rap?

Tucker is not from the neighborhood. He's from Downstate which is as much of Syracuse's neighborhood as NYC is. Literally two different worlds.

If he wanted to come here, he would have. He dragged out the process fishing for that elite offer and got it once Duke ran out of options for 17. Move on from him. His brand is toxic. Don't care how good he can be.