Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Tucker is not from the neighborhood. He's from Downstate which is as much of Syracuse's neighborhood as NYC is. Literally two different worlds.

If he wanted to come here, he would have. He dragged out the process fishing for that elite offer and got it once Duke ran out of options for 17. Move on from him. His brand is toxic. Don't care how good he can be.

We cant give up, we still have to go after him.

Then you're being disingenuous when you say you understand that it's Duke.

Your reading comprehension is poor.

I understand why a kid would be interested in Duke. That doesn't make him spurning us any less impactful for our program's immediate future, and it continues a worrisome trend of our coaches not being able to close with key prospects. This is the second time in one class that we've had a player commit, only to change their mind at the 11th hour - both times at key positions of need.

There is nothing disingenuous about any of that, no matter what argumentative spin you're trying to put on it.

Last edited:
Tucker is not from the neighborhood. He's from Downstate which is as much of Syracuse's neighborhood as NYC is. Literally two different worlds.

If he wanted to come here, he would have. He dragged out the process fishing for that elite offer and got it once Duke ran out of options for 17. Move on from him. His brand is toxic. Don't care how good he can be.

Actually, according to nyc'ers, hes from upstate. I live in nyc and people here think anything above the bronx is upstate. Its actually comical

I know there are multiple accounts on here and Otto's Grove who carry out interviews and dialogues with recruits.

Has anyone spoken with JT?

I'd love to land him but I understand he may have quite the attitude issue as well.

Seems to me like Juiceman's been pretty transparent about what he wants.

Now, we have to see if what he said he wants and what he actually wants are the same.

Your reading comprehension is poor.

I understand why a kid would be interested in Duke. That doesn't make him spurning us any less impactful for our program's immediate future, and it continues a worrisome trend of our coaches not being able to close with key prospects. This is the second time in one class that we've had a player commit, only to change their mind at the 11th hour - both times at key positions of need.

There is nothing disingenuous about any of that, no matter what argumentative spin you're trying to put on it.
The key positions of need thing is what gets me.

We didn't recruit those positions like we really needed them.

It matters if we received a verbal commitment from the kid, as Dasher has suggested.

With that context, yes -- it is discouraging that we could get a commitment, only to have a team that has had zero involvement with our commit to date come in and steal him after one phone call.

That's why it matters.
Didn't we have zero involvement for a while? Isn't he our rebound guy?

The key positions of need thing is what gets me.

We didn't recruit those positions like we really needed them.

I think the staff recognizes our need to add a shooter but they also believe Moyer and Brissett can play the small forward role. I think they believe Frank Howard Washington can handle the point guard spot. They think/ thought Tucker would solve our shooting deficiency. We will see what happens now.

I think the staff recognizes our need to add a shooter but they also believe Moyer and Brissett can play the small forward role. I think they believe Frank Howard Washington can handle the point guard spot. They think/ thought Tucker would solve our shooting deficiency. We will see what happens now.
They didn't believe Frank Howard Washington could handle point guard when they went all chips in on Quade.

Is it possible that these new age basketball players that are all about flash, fashion, and attention are not that interested in playing for an old curmudgeon that roast his players to the media and hates when they leave early.
He plays a strict 2-3 zone no matter what. Players are constantly in his dog house. Unless you are his favorites you will be benched at any small mistake.
It sucks to hear but it is the truth. The name Syracuse still has some prestige obviously and I am sure playing for Boeheim still holds weight to some. But if we wanted to get back into the top recruits race we should have hired a new coach.
Garbage

I can't envision you typing that with a straight face.

It was with a straight face. There is reason to think that the staff believes that adding Howard Washington has solidified things at point guard. I didn't say it was ideal. JB isn't going to add another pure PG IMO. Even when we were looking at Ayala, he's a combo and would've backed up Battle and maybe occasionally played some lead guard.

I can't wait until we move on. He's gone. Time to look forward. At least we didn't lose him to GaTech. Though, he's not damn Kenny, or Marbury like some are acting.

It was with a straight face. There is reason to think that the staff believes that adding Howard Washington has solidified things at point guard. I didn't say it was ideal. JB isn't going to add another pure PG IMO. Even when we were looking at Ayala, he's a combo and would've backed up Battle and maybe occasionally played some lead guard.
Man, that's asking a lot of a fan to believe that.

Regarding the earlier tweet, what exactly could JT's uncle be saying when he says that they'd support him "either way." Wouldn't both Cuse and Duke divide the house if the uncle is a UNC fan?