Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I thought Tucker got a lot better. Apparently TOS doesn't think so. He took a tumble in their latest rankings..
I saw that too, I thought he would have had a little bump, instead he dropped quite a bit.

ESPN just released their post-summer rankings today too. Here is where a few of our notable targets landed:
#4 Mo Bamba PF
#11 Hamidou Diallo SG
#12 Nick Richards C
#19 Lonnie Walker SG
#22 Quade Green PG
#27 Matt Coleman PG
#39 Jordan Tucker SF
#40 Brandon Randolph SF
#51 Ethan Thompson PG
#54 Kimani Lawrence SF
#87 Alex O'Connell SG
#90 Jordan Nwora SF
#96 Isaiah Washington PG

Note: I listed the position they are listed as playing in the ESPN database.

longtimefan said:
What is the lure of Georgia for him?

Wheeler is a powerhouse in Cobb County. Lots of high level D1 guys go there. One of the latest was Jaylen Brown.

Wheeler is a powerhouse in Cobb County. Lots of high level D1 guys go there. One of the latest was Jaylen Brown.
You can find high-level competition many places--like in the New England prep league, which is much closer to home.

Does he have family in Georgia?

[Looks like I should have waited 2 minutes.:confused:]

Last edited:
ok, not so odd at all

Not odd but not the best thing for us either. Would like him closer but he's already been to campus a few times, knows what we offer, etc.

Not odd but not the best thing for us either. Would like him closer but he's already been to campus a few times, knows what we offer, etc.
yeah gotta think some of those southern schools will work to get involved now

Duke's already on his jock but now we might see some others, yeah. I'm not worried about anyone else at this point. I still think we're a strong favorite.
dook still hasn't offered though, right?

May not be ideal recruiting wise, but I personally am excited to see the Juice Man in person this season. I still like our chances here despite his move to the ATL. SUball

FWIW...guess UoL is getting heavily involved now. One of their current 2017 commits will be J Tucker's teammate

Reading the tea leaves it sounds like we've moved on to bigger fish...

Reading the tea leaves it sounds like we've moved on to bigger fish...
Frankly, we can't afford to move on with any recruit right now. Forget about room at the inn, the inn is going to be totally vacant...