Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Assembly Hall vs UNC must be quite the awesome spectacle.
Yeah, Crean really hit the lottery with this visit. Biggest game at Indiana for the next few years, and they beat #3 UNC. I really hope SU is able to get him on campus for a big game this year.

I have a feeling that if this kid ends up elsewhere, he's going to prove to be a very good wing and we'll regret having passed on him.

If the kid is still a diva at that point, at least we can say we dodged a bullet ;)

If the kid is still a diva at that point, at least we can say we dodged a bullet ;)

We are not good enough to pass on anyone, we need all the help we can get.. Did you see IU, UNC last night. We get back in the game with kid ASAP. Look at the current roster

Anyone else puzzled by our seeming congenital incapability of landing wing players this class? Seriously--we have what might end up being two starting positions available for somebody to fill.

Teams like IU, Arizona, etc. have bountiful wing talent. Strange that we can't fill that hole.

God Indiana makes me angry

There was nothing better than watching them lose to Fort Wayne last week, and to see Crean have an aneurysm on the sidelines up until the final minute, when he got that confused look of helpless disbelief after reality sunk in that they were going to lose.

There was nothing better than watching them lose to Fort Wayne last week, and to see Crean have an aneurysm on the sidelines up until the final minute, when he got that confused look of helpless disbelief after reality sunk in that they were going to lose.
I don't know which of the last 5 years ass kickings we've handed them to rewatch tonight, maybe both.

Anyone else puzzled by our seeming congenital incapability of landing wing players this class? Seriously--we have what might end up being two starting positions available for somebody to fill.

Teams like IU, Arizona, etc. have bountiful wing talent. Strange that we can't fill that hole.
I thought that this class would have been loaded ... there is so much room for playing time. Even if both Battle and Lydon stick around for another year, it's going to hurt to not have another 3-4 kids from the back half of the class to develop next season and get ready for a starring role in 2018.

I thought that this class would have been loaded ... there is so much room for playing time. Even if both Battle and Lydon stick around for another year, it's going to hurt to not have another 3-4 kids from the back half of the class to develop next season and get ready for a starring role in 2018.

Yeah at this rate it doesn't look like Battle is NBA bound at all. Lydon is 50/50. If those guys return we will be fine, but it probably means we didn't have as good of a finish as we thought we would this year. I'm pretty over the 2017 cycle. We missed on all the high end talent. I think our best chance at getting an elite kid is getting Hameir Wright to reclass.

Yeah at this rate it doesn't look like Battle is NBA bound at all. Lydon is 50/50. If those guys return we will be fine, but it probably means we didn't have as good of a finish as we thought we would this year. I'm pretty over the 2017 cycle. We missed on all the high end talent. I think our best chance at getting an elite kid is getting Hameir Wright to reclass.
Correct, but as you mentioned, if we have Battle, Lydon, and Howard on the squad next year, we can have a great year and pin our ears back on the 2018 class.

Correct, but as you mentioned, if we have Battle, Lydon, and Howard on the squad next year, we can have a great year and pin our ears back on the 2018 class.
It's still difficult to fill out a roster with one class unless you're UK. A school like Syracuse who is reliant on a talent pipeline, it really hurts to have a hole in there at any point. Look at Wiscy, for a recent example, something like half their rotation players were redshirted early in their career. If they missed out on a class of those guys, they'd be hurting. SU had 5-6 roster spots this year and has two committed players right now. Say they pick up one more and two grad transfers again and Lydon and Battle stay for 2017. You're looking at maybe another 8 openings in 2018 when the roster restriction expires.

It'll be nice to pick up Ayala as a reclass and another combo guard/wing to sit next season with an eye on 2018. I think the front court should be in good shape.

Why do we still care about Mr. Tucker? Didn't staff back off him? And frankly he's visited a bunch of times, if he wanted to be Orange he would have committed long ago. He's more interested in other places.

Okay
hqg-2426.gif