Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I'm sure they do, its inconceivable that someone would make a career decision based on what someone said on a message board.
Part of due diligence is to look at the fan base. When i buy a stock i also take a look at their independent message board. Who isn,t looking for an inside scoop?

Recruiting is in large part about who provides the best amenities. Think of it as a business that is prohibited from paying cash to employees. Having a taj mahal sports dorm would be a big help.

Part of due diligence is to look at the fan base. When i buy a stock i also take a look at their independent message board. Who isn,t looking for an inside scoop?

Recruiting is in large part about who provides the best amenities. Think of it as a business that is prohibited from paying cash to employees. Having a taj mahal sports dorm would be a big help.
I look at their balance sheet

Nobody mentioned that he was visiting Louisville today.
Now isn't that interesting and convenient that Matz Stockman in now transferring to sonny's team and Jordan is now visiting Louisville

Now isn't that interesting and convenient that Matz Stockman in now transferring to sonny's team and Jordan is now visiting Louisville
Tucker's teammate from the NY Rens, Jordan Nwora, is a Louisville Commit and the two of them were competing in the 3 point contest at the FF last week and are presumably good friends. Interesting to say the least.

Edit: What's the source for Tucker visiting Louisville? Cant find any confirmation. #fakenews

I am more concerned with losing Ayala than Tucker not saying we are a lock for Tucker but I think we are in a good spot. We recruited him and backed away. Then we came back and he immediately came for a visit. All positives signs. I think the coaches activity with him the next two week on text and calls will go along way to closing that deal. I don't know the rules but maybe a in-home after the GT visit would be good...

Ayala we have been consistently on him for a while. Have major playing time waiting for him. Made it clear he is our 1 and only priority for 2017 PG spot by not mixing it up with any of the other PGs that became available. Been on campus multiple times ect.... So this starting to remind me of QG some. Why not committ? What is he waiting for? Why drag your feet? Like Francis03 said in his POD committ if you 2017 full year fine if you 2017 half year fine if you 2018 fine. But what are you waiting for. Then the Ducks coming in and flying across country to meet. Clearly our staff is doing something wrong in the closing process with some of these recruits.

IMG_6143.GIF

I'm sorry, it was a disgusting joke. He didn't really visit Louisville.

I don't understand the sentiment that if Tucker and/or Ayala choose to go to Oregon, or GTech in Tucker's case, that it shows some serious issues with Syracuse. Sure, it seems pretty likely that our recruiting process is problematic, but I don't think a kid or two making what they feel is the best decision for themselves would be a knock on Syracuse.

If Tucker thinks he's a one and done or wants to make sure he's on a winning program for his freshman year, Oregon is a good choice. If Brooks goes pro, they're really a good choice. The facilities, the Nike, the FF with a strong core returning has to be appealing. We're a program that has lost 13+ games 3 years in a row. We haven't been elite or great in 4 years. While it wouldn't be a good look for us based on his recent visit and the photo in the uni, I don't think it's an overall knock if he choose O.

Maybe these kids don't want to play for a cranky old man or prefer the coach at another schol? Maybe they don't want to sit in zone for 100% of the time. These are legit concerns for recruits.

The only thing that would suggest an underlying problem is JB's inability to have any backup plans lined up. Maybe he does, but that doesn't seem to be the case at this time. The recruiting philosophy here seems to be the big issue, not the actual school or program.

I am really starting to believe/admit that potential first rounders want to get ready for NBA and thereby want nothing to do with our 24/7 zone as effective as it may be in college hoops

First round picks since 2003

Oregon: Aaron Brooks, Luke Rindour, Luke Jackson

Syracuse. Carmelo Anthony, Donte Green, Jonny Flynn, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis, Chris McCollough, Malachi Richardson

I think we win.

Agreed but it's a new day/era

I am really starting to believe/admit that potential first rounders want to get ready for NBA and thereby want nothing to do with our 24/7 zone as effective as it may be in college hoops

Oh I am certain of that. I mean it is logical. It doesn't prepare you for the NBA. Especially what the forwards do, imo. NewMexicoCuse has a scout buddy and I had the pleasure once of sitting with an NBA GM at a Cavs game tagging along with my friend who is best friends with this guy from childhood. He isn't down with the all zone and translation of Syracuse players to the NBA. Unfair or not, the fact IS that perception/stigma is out there and these guys aren't message board wannabe execs/scouts like us.

Oh I am certain of that. I mean it is logical. It doesn't prepare you for the NBA. Especially what the forwards do, imo. NewMexicoCuse has a scout buddy and I had the pleasure once of sitting with an NBA GM at a Cavs game tagging along with my friend who is best friends with this guy from childhood. He isn't down with the all zone and translation of Syracuse players to the NBA. Unfair or not, the fact IS that perception/stigma is out there and these guys aren't message board wannabe execs/scouts like us.

Hopefully we can find more under the radar program guys like nova in the meantime. Would be nice to build on something stable

Tucker has followed Coach Red on Twitter. Likely means absolutely nothing. I'm just adding to the chatter.

We have been hurting for NBA guys? Our problem has been that we have too many guys leave early.
That's not the problem.

The problem is not going out and actively replacing them. Tyler Ennis left years ago and we still haven't found a PG. Malachi left after last year and we're just now hoping Tucker commits. We don't fill the guard cupboard completely and we've obviously run into issues as a result. It's not on the kids leaving early; it's on the lack of reinforcements to effectively replace them.

Hopefully, with a full allotment of scholarships soon, we won't see this issue as much.