Shafer HasTwo OC Candidates | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer HasTwo OC Candidates

According to Zach Allen:

Allen said he’s very familiar with Scott Shafer, the former defensive coordinator who takes over as head coach. Allen said he was assured that the SU offensive style wouldn’t change. He said Shafer has two candidates to take over as offensive coordinator, and both were endorsed to him by Hackett.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/01/texas_quarterback_zach_allen_s.html

Any guesses?

If it's someone that fans already know, as Shafer hinted today, then at least one of the two candidates could be someone who's already on the staff. Rob Moore?

If it's someone that fans already know, as Shafer hinted today, then at least one of the two candidates could be someone who's already on the staff. Rob Moore?
Walker... Blah. Truth be known, I hope they go outside the current staff as well...need something exciting, big recruiter too if possible

I have 2 suggestions, probably the first one is a pipe dream, but Tom Clements, QB Coach for GB has been looking, and heck, maybe college is the way to get to the next level. OC, then HC, then maybe in 4-6 years back to the NFL if he so chooses. Another, to me at least, is a great potential candidate, Tony Petersen, Assistant Coach and OC for Marshall. I say whoever Coach Shafer highers, would be great to get someone on the offensisve side with skill and a proven record with QB's. Both these guys have this. SU is a better place to be as far as potential opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised they are both on someone's hot list right now.

Walker... Blah. Truth be known, I hope they go outside the current staff as well...need something exciting, big recruiter too if possible
Agreed, gave my two cents worth and Walker is not the answer IMO.

Donovan McNabb QB Coach, Larry Csonka, Strengths Coach, Jim Brown, RB Coach, Art Monk, WR Coach, Quadray Ismail, Special Teams Coach, Dwight Freeney will announce retirement and come back as D-Line Coach, and Donny Mac becomes assistant to the assistant Coach as they bring in Tessell as OC with all of our home boys to keep an eye on him. Hey, we know all of these guys, don't we?

Seriously, wouldn't it be a shocker to see Tessell come back as Assistant Coach/OC for the CUSE! Now that would be exciting, ain't going to happen, but what the heck, lets go for it.

Donovan McNabb QB Coach, Larry Csonka, Strengths Coach, Jim Brown, RB Coach, Art Monk, WR Coach, Quadray Ismail, Special Teams Coach, Dwight Freeney will announce retirement and come back as D-Line Coach, and Donny Mac becomes assistant to the assistant Coach as they bring in Tessell as OC with all of our home boys to keep an eye on him. Hey, we know all of these guys, don't we?

Seriously, wouldn't it be a shocker to see Tessell come back as Assistant Coach/OC for the CUSE! Now that would be exciting, ain't going to happen, but what the heck, lets go for it.

Ask anybody who knows "Tessell" and they will tell you "he ain't who he used to be."

So some of you would prefer a lower division OC than an NFL RB coach?
Silliness.

Hmmm...outside the current staff...exciting...big recruiter...

longest_yard.jpg

...I'd give this guy a call.

So some of you would prefer a lower division OC than an NFL RB coach?
Silliness.

I'm confused about this? I'm not sure why a NFL RB coach is qualified to be OC?

Football is a passing game now, I do not want a RB coach calling the plays, they will be biased. Any D1 OC position is a better position than a NFL RB coach and its not even close. The RB position is probably the least mentally challenging position on the field (im not counting kickers or longsnappers), it should be no suprise that great OL coaches make great OCs.Hell, I would rather take a really talented HS HC for a OC than a NFL RB coach.

I definitely prefer a lower-level OC than an NFL RB/Wr coach.
we already saw what a bang up job an NFL TE coach can do when jumping into the college OC role - let's try a different position now and see how that works!!! :crazy: