Shakin' it in the Southland | Syracusefan.com

Shakin' it in the Southland

TheCusian

Living Legend
These guys. I dig their blogs name. Makes me laugh every time.

Anyways, I do like this post: Clemson vs. Syracuse: Defensive Scouting Report

I wish we had someone breaking this stuff down a bit more, but not quite so ... flaccidly. I think he's spot on in that we'll make them earn scores on long drives:

"Most interesting to me is the prevalence of Tampa 2 zone in the Syracuse wheelhouse; it’s not a coverage Clemson often sees. Though I personally am not a fan of Tampa 2 for it being the ultimate in bend-but-don’t-break defense, when played properly it can be effective at making an offense work methodically down the field, which inconveniently for Syracuse, is exactly what Clemson has done most successfully on offense this year."

I don't think it's inconvenient at all. We have a pretty good 3rd down D and a very good LB corp. They may slice through us a bunch on those drives - and - maybe that's enough. It's been enough for them for weeks. But I think all of this talk of "we rest our #1's so that's why we aren't pulling away" isn't exactly telling the whole story. If you could win with explosive passing plays - wouldn't you? I think their QB is a runner, 1st. If we force them into long drives, but can keep them out of the end zone - we'll take it.

Then it's up to our O to do something no one has been able to do with consistency.

Go Orange!

Sack the QB and the Tampa 2 is moot. I have a nice feeling about the SU D-Line tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom