Shrader | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

Last night i watched parts of each game and focused solely on GS. My two cents is that he never recovered from his surgery and or it wasn't successful. He doesn't have any velocity on his passes and it looks as if he doesn't pull the trigger on throws possibly because he cant make them. His ball has been floating all season. Watch a few games and scroll to his passing plays.
I actually think his arm looked live the first 4 games all the way until the end of the Purdue game when he was shown shaking his throwing hand and having his forearm massaged. That was at the end of the game, but until then i thought his arm looked the best it ever has and Shrader even stated the same.

Last edited:
I don’t buy this. Even if he can’t hit the broadside of a barn with his arm all the time (which isn’t true) he was elite on the ground. That doesn’t just evaporate.
Assuming his arm is shot, and we don’t have any WR’s, which isn’t a guess, he still rushed for just under 1,000 yards (After factoring in negative sack yardage) and 14 TD’s in basically 3/4 of the 2021 season. He’s an extremely talented athlete with the ball in his hands. I would like to see more designed runs or RPO. He’s improved his passing since 2021 but he’s not going to drop back and win you games, especially with this group of WR’s. Taking his best attribute away is the opposite of playing to your players strengths.

Last edited:
Assuming his arm is shot, and we don’t have any WR’s, which isn’t a guess, he still rushed for just under 1,000 yards (After factoring in negative sack yardage) and 14 TD’s in basically 3/4 of the 2021 season. He’s an extremely talent athlete with the ball in his hands. I would like to see more designed runs or RPO. He’s improved his passing since 2021 but he’s not going to drop back and win you games, especially with this group of WR’s. Taking his best attribute away is the opposite of playing to your players strengths.
This is one of many reasons I’ve lost faith in this coaching staff. Run your running QB, especially if his throwing arm is shot. If they’re not going to do that because that’s not their game plan (or can’t because he’s hobbled) then they might as well play Carlos.

I’m in no way saying that I think Carlos is the answer at QB, but if they’re going to continue to not run their running QB and instead call drop back pass plays, then at least go with the QB that has a throwing arm that’s in one piece.

I’m thinking that he missed 6 months of weight lifting because of the surgery. I think he’s lost a lot of muscle mass and can’t take the hits anymore, so he’s not running like in the past.
I wonder how much a medical redshirt was considered?

I don’t buy this. Even if he can’t hit the broadside of a barn with his arm all the time (which isn’t true) he was elite on the ground. That doesn’t just evaporate.
Unfortunately it has evaporated every season. Just go back and look at his game logs for the last three years. Every season looks eerily familiar. He starts with several great rushing games, and then those disappear from midseason on.

I truly think two things happen. One, he runs himself into so many hard hits early in the season that he ends up banged up and ineffective later in the season. Two, ACC teams are familiar with him and know he can’t throw. So they key on stopping him from running and dare him to pass.

Shrader blowing the Clemson game and not getting us a win looks worse with how bad Klubenik has played this year.

Taking that hit was entirely his fault in this years game as well even if it was a targeting.
How in the world is it Shrader’s fault he got hit from behind vs Clemson ???

I actually think his arm looked live the first 4 games all the way until the end of the Purdue game when he was shown shaking his throwing hand and having his forearm massaged. That was at the end of the game, but until then i thought his arm looked the best it ever has and Shrader even stated the same.
Watch the games again he hasn't thrown well all year.

Last night i watched parts of each game and focused solely on GS. My two cents is that he never recovered from his surgery and or it wasn't successful. He doesn't have any velocity on his passes and it looks as if he doesn't pull the trigger on throws possibly because he cant make them. His ball has been floating all season. Watch a few games and scroll to his passing plays.
He is our version of Iron Mike Sharpe

Unless Shrader is on crutches, I think Dino is going to start him the rest of the way.
Which is stupid. There is no reason to play him over unjured scholarship guys. If Davis and CDRW are bad go back to him.

I think you are correct though.

I never trusted his arm. For me the bigger concern is he looks a ton less nimble. His straight away speed was his greatest asset but now he can't get out of his own way to get into a sprint.

and every year Shrader must be hurt instead just not that good.

Here's the thing, you and I have had disagreements about Shrader, but one thing I'll 100% concede, even if you think he's hurt, then he's just an injury-prone player.

He's not protecting himself when he's exposed as part of the problem, I'm sure.

I've defended Shrader, but the best predictor of future injuries is past injuries, and he's just on that track. He's a big target when he takes off and he's already getting hit behind a bad OL.

Doesn't matter if he's not playing well because he's hurt or he's not playing well because his limited throwing is just what it is -- it's the reality right now. And it's making a bad situation worse.

Here's the thing, you and I have had disagreements about Shrader, but one thing I'll 100% concede, even if you think he's hurt, then he's just an injury-prone player.

He's not protecting himself when he's exposed as part of the problem, I'm sure.

I've defended Shrader, but the best predictor of future injuries is past injuries, and he's just on that track. He's a big target when he takes off and he's already getting hit behind a bad OL.

Doesn't matter if he's not playing well because he's hurt or he's not playing well because his limited throwing is just what it is -- it's the reality right now. And it's making a bad situation worse.

He's injury prone. I see a lot of running QBs take hits over and over again and none seem to suffer the way GS does. (granted I don't follow those teams as closely but nevertheless.) Look at the FSU kid. I wonder sometimes if it's his tall lanky build. Most dual threat kids are a little shorter and stockier. Just my non-scientific observation.

There’s definitely an issue with Shrader

He isn’t right and it feels like we are forcing a square peg into a round hole by keeping him out there.

It’s obvious he isn’t right and don’t think that players haven’t noticed, because I can assure you, they also have noticed too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom