SI article on Coyle with other finalist name. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SI article on Coyle with other finalist name.

Who's our QB when Hunt leaves? That's a guaranteed 3 win season, may as well let a new coach cut his teeth with that season.
This is CFB. If one of our kids can actually pass the ball, it is quite possible that QB is not our biggest challenge. 2016 is the first year where our better recruiting classes actually hit the field in numbers. I like our chances.

So Ohio State uses multiple titles as well (Executive Associate Athletic Director).

Did some consultant devise a operations plan, and pass it onto all the athletic departments across this country?

images

Shafer doesn't win this year and he's done. That's how I read it.

wow. that article brought back some memories of Doc Gross at halftime of the Champs Sports Bowl.

The writing is CLEARLY on the wall that Shafer is on the clock.

The one thing I heard loud and clear is "you have to win." Coyle will do what he thinks is necessary for football to win.

Shafer's contract expires (assuming 2016) at a very convenient time for IowaMark. Takes very little for him to let it run out if he wants an FNG. That way he has given Shafer a reasonable time to show something as well as time to get his feet under him in his new job.

Baring an absolute disaster this season, I think Shafer will be here in 2016. After that, who knows?.

Yeah I agree that if it happens, it will more than likely be 2016.

Shafer doesn't win this year and he's done. That's how I read it.
i don't get that at all---he will be looking for improvement and trending upward---thats how i read it

So Ohio State uses multiple titles as well (Executive Associate Athletic Director).

Did some consultant devise a operations plan, and pass it onto all the athletic departments across this country?

images

It's just like corporations. Little pet peeve of mine. They all jump to follow the leader (by the way about 15 years ago many firms changed the title "supervisor" to "leader", then titles popped up adding the words facilitator, co-ordinator, continuous improvement etc. These layers of titles were necessitated to separate the employees who impede, love dissonance and promote continuous failure. :rolleyes: It sure does help keep business card makers busy. As a mom too, I have always been tempted to ask " if corp X (or university X) jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?".

I think you guys are vastly overrating the trouble Shafer is in.
brent axe is the one that gives the desperation aspect. no one should read that guy, he is more provocative than based in reality---his he has an amateurish spin to his writing. i have stopped reading and commenting on his stuff---the less hits he gets the better.

Another strategy may be to extend Shafer before the season starts to establish some stability in the football program, i.e. one of those "little things" mentioned by Coyle. It'll be very interesting to watch how Coyle & Syverud handle strengthening the football program and the bball transition. These are two dynamic guys that may have very creative solutions to problems we've had or have been facing for a decade. We talk about how important players like Washington & Battle are to our sports programs, but Coyle & Syverud will have a chance to make plays that will have a much larger impact.

The clock is ticking, loudly. People seem to love SS except when the games are being played or soon thereafter.

Part of Coyle's job is make fundraising an operation outside of leaning on a dozen extremely loyal people. Have to point to something, and the product on the field (even the bowl season was a bunch of broken play run wins with some blowouts in there) isn't helping.

if he has a decent year then you have to extend him for the program to move forward buy you also do a creative buyout policy.

brent axe is the one that gives the desperation aspect. no one should read that guy, he is more provocative than based in reality---his he has an amateurish spin to his writing. i have stopped reading and commenting on his stuff---the less hits he gets the better.

I think he has multiple accounts on here. ;)

upperdeck said:
if he has a decent year then you have to extend him for the program to move forward buy you also do a creative buyout policy.

Yep. I think it's a mix of record, momentum, and how well he gets along with Coyle.

Who's our QB when Hunt leaves? That's a guaranteed 3 win season, may as well let a new coach cut his teeth with that season.

I mean you can't be serious, right? So you're completely writing off Long, Wilson, Dungey and Womack? They will all have more than a year on campus and in the system by that point. Will they have any experience, who knows depending on if Hunt gets hurt this year or not.

Womack will be our starting QB in 2016 IMO.

Rocco said:
I mean you can't be serious, right? So you're completely writing off Long, Wilson, Dungey and Womack? They will all have more than a year on campus and in the system by that point. Will they have any experience, who knows depending on if Hunt gets hurt this year or not. Womack will be our starting QB in 2016 IMO.

I'm betting on Dungey.

The clock is ticking, loudly. People seem to love SS except when the games are being played or soon thereafter.

Part of Coyle's job is make fundraising an operation outside of leaning on a dozen extremely loyal people. Have to point to something, and the product on the field (even the bowl season was a bunch of broken play run wins with some blowouts in there) isn't helping.
This... Shafer is a great guy, but has been anything but on gameday. He's got a very green squad in a make it or break it year. Thats scary. I also saw the article on the three toughest games for an ACC team, we win hands down. FSU, UL, and Clemson. Ugh.

I mean you can't be serious, right? So you're completely writing off Long, Wilson, Dungey and Womack? They will all have more than a year on campus and in the system by that point. Will they have any experience, who knows depending on if Hunt gets hurt this year or not.

Womack will be our starting QB in 2016 IMO.
Culpepper will be a possibility also.

"You have to win your games."

Best quote from the article. I like this guy.